S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta]
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta]

Hi everyone,

As promised, here is the next release of my (well our) mapping. I say "our", because I was so brash and have taken modes 5-7 from Alinements "rework" of the mapping and have used them to some degree to fill in the empty modes 5-7. Thanks goes to Alinement for coming up with the additional modes. Because this mapping has so many changes and I've not tested it as much as I'd like to, I am calling it a beta. So use at your own risk in a performance.

If you are new to this mapping, there is a manual in the download zip file explaining how to use it.

Also please read up in these threads, if you want to know how the mapping evolved.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39910
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40818
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43115
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43743

What's new in this mapping?

1. The filter is taken out of mode 4.
    2. The T-3 delay has been replaced with just the delay effect in modes 1 and 2. (I am still not sure just the delay is right for mode 1.)
    3. Added Alinement's modes 5-7. Here is how he explains them.
    Mode 5 - I have added the Flangerflux/FilterPulse/Reverb from Ean's map (Chained FX mode 3). but I have replaced the reverb in the chained effects with a delay T3 that is activated only by FX Button 3 (as its best added in after the original effect takes shape). The Reverb from the original has been placed into the Advanced effect slot in Unit 3 (or 4) and is controlled by the Jog Wheel (along with the Flangerflux and Filterpulse)

Mode 6 - I have added the Beatmasher/LoFi/Filter92LFO (also from DJTT S4 mapping chained FX mode 1)

Mode 7 - I have made this control just to control the Advanced effect slot in Unit 3 (or 4) for the BeatSlicer as to the exact specifications of Eans Mapping in DJTT Advanced FX Mode 1.
    One note on mode 5. I've taken out the cross-over of effect unit 3 for the moment, as it wasn't working for me properly and I was too tired yesterday evening to figure out what was going wrong. It was leaving effect unit 3 on deck B and I couldn't get it back. Only with switching through the effects again did it then work again, which isn't the best work flow in some situations. Sorry Alinement. I'll get it straight next version.

So, that is it. Enjoy and have fun. Any feedback on issues or suggestions is very welcome!

scamo

Copyright and Usage

Anyone can use this mapping free of charge for their own personal or professional use. It MAY NOT be uploaded to any other web site for download or passed on to third parties in its original or modified form without my authorization.
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I cant seem to get teh echo freeze to work correctly. Can you go more in depth of how you create the echo freeze on this mapping? thanks!

Tech Wizard

My initial findings, Some minor errors:

* Echo freeze is not working as mentioned. Reason is that it does not turn on FX Unit 3.
    * Right Load button loads the Reverb instead of Delay into FX Unit 4

In general I think the T3 delay sounded better with M1, the overall volume is the only problem. Still feel that there should be more movement on the peakfilter, if you spin back on the jogwheeel and spin forward againto bring the effect back in the beatmasher is already in stuttermode before the Peakfilter is even at 25%, just feels inbalanced. I can easily adjust this to my own taste so it is not a real problem for me.

The echo freeze sounds better with the standard delay so I would map that to the Dry Wet buttons.

I only spend half an hour with it so I might find more when I have some more time.

Yeah, I liked the T3 better too for mode 1. Maybe I can play with the Wet/Dry settings to make it a bit less "voluminous". hehe....

Echo freeze issue and reverb on right load button I'll fix and make a new release. Sorry about that. Funny I missed that. Thanks for the feedback.

Peakfilter. Well. The idea is it shouldn't mess much with the beat masher for most of the beatmasher movement and it is more like a swoosh in the other direction. So the idea is, you can beatmash like crazy and when you are ready to stop and hit the break you turn the jog one or two rotations fairly fast to the left. That makes a swoosh like transition through the break. That is how I am using it. Or you can catch a pretty neat 4 beat and turn the jog quickly to the left, cut in the new song and slowly turn the jog to the left until the peak filter is finished to transition that song out. That is another possible way to use the effects. And since it is "Ean's Beatmasher" I'd like to keep it as he created it. Hope you don't mind.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    And since it is "Ean's Beatmasher" I'd like to keep it as he created it. Hope you don't mind.

scamo
    You are proving my point, Rewatch the video and you will see that at Eans version the peakfilter and the beatmasher are almost identical in speed, beatmasher probably slightly faster by a hair
    e.g at 0.44 and 1:16

Tech Convert

Default when hooking up MF, Play stops...?

Awesome mapping guys, Thanks sooo much.

When I hook up my Midi-Fighter classic, the "Play" button on the S-4 becomes disabled??? Is it in the mapping or am I doing something wrong?....
    Thanks

Scott

Hey Scamo, apologies for the slackness of my replies, this has been a really stressful week trying to deal with a long distance relationship.

I appreciate you filling in the blanks with my ideas. Have you changed the effects settings around to suit the Midi Fighter as was suggested in the previous posting?

Im going to post my one again in my previous post with the Big Import button to be used instead, to see if that clarifies anything. I want to know that when I load things in here people can use them as I do.

Ill redirect the post back to this thread though.

Cheers
    Alinement

Hi Scamo,

That looks interesting, haven't tried yet though.

Is it for MIDI mode ? Will I be able to switch between this mapping and the default S4 mapping by enabling/disabling midi-mode ?

I was quite disappointed of the DJTT S4 mapping when I realized I'd have to go to the preferences and even maybe restart Traktor in order to switch between their mapping and the default one...

Have you made or have any plans to make a video to show us the features ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dros; 01-18-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    Jay Neurall / Paris - France / Owner of WWW.DJ.MG
    Software : NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Serato DJ, Maschine, KOMPLETE 10 Ultimate, Algoriddim Djay
    Hardware : Denon MC6000 MK2, AKAI AMX, AKAI AFX, Traktor Audio 2, Maschine MK2, Novation Remote 25SL, 2xTechnics 1200S Mk5, Apple MacBook Pro Retina

The great thing about Scamo's mapping is it works in Native mode (ie not Midi), so the Jog Wheels are High Res. Follow the instructions and it will work without taking away the things that the DJTT mapping took away.

Cheers
    Alinement

Hi Alinement, thanks for your reply.

The loop display and jump was a big loss on DJTTs mapping... I hope this one keeps it.

I'm a long time user of the VCI-100 Special Edition since version 1 of EANs mapping as well as other custom mappings and mixers, I'm getting quite paranoid with the bugs in these custom mappings.

Having been in very stressful situations during gigs with some buggy mappings making my controller temporarily unusable. I would like to be able to exit the mapping quickly in case I encounter a bug.

I'll give this one a test though.
    Last edited by dros; 01-18-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Jay Neurall / Paris - France / Owner of WWW.DJ.MG
    Software : NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Serato DJ, Maschine, KOMPLETE 10 Ultimate, Algoriddim Djay
    Hardware : Denon MC6000 MK2, AKAI AMX, AKAI AFX, Traktor Audio 2, Maschine MK2, Novation Remote 25SL, 2xTechnics 1200S Mk5, Apple MacBook Pro Retina

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast