S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Effect Jogs Extreme
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Effect Jogs Extreme

Hey everyone!

Description

Ean's S2 video got my imagination going and I actually created a mapping for the S4 that pretty much emulates the settings he has in that video. However, Ean's mapping was made especially for that cool Depeche Mode mash-up he created. It doesn't really work for general mixing, because the right jog has a different effect that only works well for that mix (at least I think it does). So I decided to work out the best part of that mapping for both Decks A and B and I'd like to present it here to you now.

What you can do

Jog Mode 1 - Ean's Beatmasher - as seen in his S2 video - watch the left jog!

The jog controls a beatmasher and peak filter in group mode in the first effect bank and turns on the T3 Delay in the second effect banks.

Uses:

1. Catch and beatmash the track, changing the rhythm on the fly with the jog wheel.
    2. While beat mashing, you can use your other hand to jump to another cue point or use the scroll knob to bump the song forward, then find a break or 1 beat and let go of the jog. The transition is pretty smooth.
    3. You can catch some vocals in one deck and beatmash it, while a rhythmic part is playing in the other deck making a great mash-up.
    4. You can catch a beat on the running deck and play with the rhythm while blending in the other deck, then towards a break, you can turn the jog counterclockwise causing the peak filter to add a sweep effect. This adds to the energy of the break.
    5. You can do the same thing in the current playing track and create a different sort of sweep into a break. You just have to turn the jog wheel fairly quickly.

Jog Mode 2 - Armyofme's sweep drama effect

The jog controls ice verb, peak filter and reverb and also the dry/ wet to bring in the effect.

You can also use the Effect On/Off to turn on the second effects bank and turn on the Delay.

Uses:

1. Add a sweep effect like a white noise sweep to add a new transition to the music. You can also use this to jump to another point in the song and then use the Wet/Dry to fade it out.
    2. Use the sweep to transition to another song in the other deck
    3. Use the Effect On/Off to turn on the T3 Delay, to mix in another song.

This TSI requires 4 effect banks and also the Load button selected to turn jog wheel effects on. I also fixed the problem I had with the browse mode and the load buttons.

My next step is to be able to use the load button with shift button, to load different effect groupings. My first will be to make armyofme's sweep. Any other ideas for effect groups or other cool stuff that could effectively use the jogs would be appreciated.

Instructions

1. Import the TSI using the big import button in the preferences window.
    2. Press the load button to toggle between scratch and jog wheel effects. If this doesn't work, go to the S4 preferences and turn on the load button for jog effects setting.
    3. To toggle between the two effects groups, press "Shift + FX Mode". You will see the first effect in the first bank switch between beatmasher and iceverb. That is the only sign of what mode you are in.

Notes:

Turning off the jog wheel effects mode by pressing load again (scratch mode), then going back to FX Jogs will reset the effect back to Mode 1 (beatmasher).

The effects modes are selectable for each jog wheel with "Shift + FX Mode". So you could have the beatmasher on one side and the sweep effect on the other or vice versa.

I hope this will work for everyone without any problems. I've tested it quite a bit this time. If there are any issue, please give some feedback here.

Have fun!

scamo

Copyright and Usage

Anyone can use this mapping free of charge for their own personal or professional use. It MAY NOT be uploaded to any other web site for download or passed on to third parties without my authorization.
    Last edited by scamo; 11-06-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

downloads as a .xml file for some reason dude.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Hmm.. the download works for me correctly. Try right clicking on the link and saving the file.

scamo

still .xml for me pal. Weird!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

The TSI is an XML file. Try saving it and renaming it with the ".TSI" ending.

scamo

Does this work smoothly with MF- Instant Gratification?
    Traktor Pro 2 - NI Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - LPD8

It should. I don't see why not, as the MF would be different device.

scamo

Thanks man

Scamo thanks for the tsi gave it a quick go todays seems to work great, would be great to have more banks of effects to select .
    Great work keep it going.

Neil

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Scamo thanks for the tsi gave it a quick go todays seems to work great, would be great to have more banks of effects to select .
    Great work keep it going.

Neil
    +1

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast