Itch 2.0 is in Public Beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Yes!!! I believe midi mapping for the SP6 is something that will come to Itch, and really make the SP6 a versatile tool. It's great with SSL but was missing sync since there is none in SSL. For Itch + midi the SP6 is sampling beast. Kinda sucks with the keyboard though to be honest. Not enough control or ease of use for something other than drops, or sound effects.
    Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to get home and try this beast out.

Since ITCH has keyboard mapping only (and I'm assuming 2.0 with SP6 is done the same way as previous versions), we can make use of what was discussed back in this article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/06/1...ers-with-itch/

Obviously, I haven't tried it, but it could definitely be something to experiment with. If (or when) MIDI mapping and Bridge capabilities are released in future versions, the beloved midifigher will actually become a highly desirable item in the ITCH crowd. Yahoooo!
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Mentor

sweet! i am already a big fan of Itch, can't wait to check out 2.0.

Tech Wizard

no way thats class! how do you get it to do that?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to get home and try this beast out.

Since ITCH has keyboard mapping only (and I'm assuming 2.0 with SP6 is done the same way as previous versions), we can make use of what was discussed back in this article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/06/1...ers-with-itch/

Obviously, I haven't tried it, but it could definitely be something to experiment with. If (or when) MIDI mapping and Bridge capabilities are released in future versions, the beloved midifigher will actually become a highly desirable item in the ITCH crowd. Yahoooo!
    I don't think the keyboard can control all of the SP6 controls so there are some limits even with the midi/keyboard trick.

Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.

I know that's very vague but it took us a TON of trys to figure it out with the Serato team giving us plenty of hints, and still no luck. I plan on doing a write up for DJTT on 2.0 sometime this week and will include as much as I can about the easter egg.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I don't think the keyboard can control all of the SP6 controls so there are some limits even with the midi/keyboard trick.
    Gotcha...

I've never used SP6 before. Isn't it just a bank of six hot cues that you can store and "sample" over your tracks? What functions does it involve that the keyboard can't control?
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

I can't find a download.

Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.

I know that's very vague but it took us a TON of trys to figure it out with the Serato team giving us plenty of hints, and still no luck. I plan on doing a write up for DJTT on 2.0 sometime this week and will include as much as I can about the easter egg.
    once you do, I'll be able to knock together a Windows executable (sorry Mac users!) that will repeat the key combination as a macro (so you'll just double click an exe to get the Easter Egg).

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    Gotcha...

I've never used SP6 before. Isn't it just a bank of six hot cues that you can store and "sample" over your tracks? What functions does it involve that the keyboard can't control?
    Some of the controls on the SP6 (and not sure which ones are on the keyboard) are volume, gain, sync, keylock, play, play with button hold, loop, left channel, right channel, master, not sure which other ones.

I would think play, type of play, volume, sync, keylock and loop are ones you want to midi map.

To download you have sign up for the public beta here:http://serato.com/forum/area/373
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

you have to log into serato's forum.
    http://serato.com/forum/area/373/joinbeta

Tech Guru

Question for itch users:

1. 4 Band EQ supported?
    2. Can you map gain or filter on something like Numark NS6 to sub low?

thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast