Novation out with a new DJ product? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

It'd be a fair comparison if NI sold the S4 without TP2, which they never will.

until then, the Novation controller is much better priced.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    its weird to see a serato itch brand controller with no jog wheels. Ill like to get my hands on this to see what its all about.
    Haha true, but almost every Serato user i've ever seen live always uses 1200s. I doubt that's gonna change. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I love the fact that it seems to have a replaceable crossfader in it. That's a key feature, and it seems a bit ridiculous that NI left it off the S4.
    Yeha, that's the only thing that bugs me about my S4. I have a feeling if I don't map my MidiFighter like Jason Cerna did i'll break mine soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I think the controller itself is nifty and priced right at 499.00 with a soundcard. But with all the build up for Itch -- there's nothing really special about it. I expected more.

I don't think it not having Jogs is a big deal. I personally prefer jogs but TONS of traktor DJ's out there play with an analogue mixer and 1 or 2 X1's. No Jogs. The build of this thing kinda reminds me of that. An X1 type controller with Volume and Cross fader.

It's cool for 499.00....but that's about it. I'm guess if Itch ever gets Ableton Bridge implemented using this plus and ableton controller would make for a sweet set.
    I agree, at price point it's a great piece of kit. I didn't even think about that lol, now it does seem kind of backwards! Maybe they should've gone with Traktor instead, especially with the new Traktor 2 being in color and all

Maybe Jogs are just a big deal to DJs who play hip hop, etc.

kinda nice that is comes with a traktor overlay

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know a lot of DJs that wouldn't be able to live without jog wheels... but with basic MIDI functionality, if you don't scratch, they aren't really necessary. And they take up a lot of space that can be used for other awesome things like arcade buttons.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

So probably been asked already, but how well do you guys think this thing will be mappable with traktor pro? I saw the traktor overlay mentioned in the video, but to be perfectly honest, I don't know what that is lol

Aside though, this looks like a solid investment, I'll probably try to save up some cash and pick this baby up. Only worrisome thing is the touchstrip. I like to manually beatmatch my tracks, and if that thing isn't EXTREMELY responsive, I predict some serious frustration.
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rabid View Post
    So probably been asked already, but how well do you guys think this thing will be mappable with traktor pro? I saw the traktor overlay mentioned in the video, but to be perfectly honest, I don't know what that is lol

Aside though, this looks like a solid investment, I'll probably try to save up some cash and pick this baby up. Only worrisome thing is the touchstrip. I like to manually beatmatch my tracks, and if that thing isn't EXTREMELY responsive, I predict some serious frustration.
    Check the vid I posted above with it being used with Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Check the vid I posted above with it being used with Traktor.
    Ah, ok, I didn't even see that.
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

I'm sold. 98% likely to pick one up after the initial reviews in July. Touchstrip does everything I would usually use jogwheels for but in a smaller package.

Tech Wizard

they should have released this earlier in my opinion. just spent a small fortune on scratch 2 and photographing equipment. would have definitely picked this up.

I think the functionality of having 8 buttons with 4 modifier buttons for each deck that you can program to anything actually sounds amazing. I can't wait to see other companies' responses to this thing.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol