Custom MIDI Controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    @DJWindz Lay yo pimp hand down. Your from SD dont let a woman push u around.
    Lol yeah been working on this when the wifes either sleeping/not home. Yeah its a 2560 next step is to build a cheapo usb to midi cable into it so I can avoid the modified ftdi driver bs

@DJWindz Lay yo pimp hand down. Your from SD dont let a woman push u around.
    I would. . .but. . she beats me with a lead pipe! . .She's "gangsta" I tell ya. . .GANGSTA!

@bobsagat666
    Not liking MIDI via USB? Well. . .if you can do it, do it big!

yeah been working on this when the wifes either sleeping/not home
    See chrisw. . .I'm not the only one who's scared of the significant other's wrath! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DjWindzOne View Post

@bobsagat666
    Looks like you're using the Arduino 2560?
    Crap I was mistaken. Its a mega 1280 which is still using the FTDI serial chip. The new mega 2560 uses a different chip to convert to serial so you can program it to be a MIDI device that would not require any crappy drivers. Damn I wish I new all this as I just ordered a usb to midi cable to accomplish this very task.

My good sir i have 2 questions for you. How are your screwing those acrylic boards together exactly (chicago screws?), and whats the story on the green acrylic walls?

can you post a link to the shop where you bought the transparent arcade buttons? also, what size are they?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJesus View Post
    My good sir i have 2 questions for you. How are your screwing those acrylic boards together exactly (chicago screws?), and whats the story on the green acrylic walls?
    The top is drilled through with a nut sandwiched between two triangler pieces of acrylic in each of the for corners
    Buttons are from here

http://www.lizardlick.com/Seimitsu-P...ons_c_241.html

Hey man,

I am going to be building my own very soon (as soon as I get a bit more cash to pick up the arcade buttons / chipboard from DJTT) and I was wondering how do you have the wiring done / where did you get it / how do you connect the xbox analogue sticks and the crossfader to the chipboard from DJTT?

Sorry for putting them all together like that, but when I was coming up with my own concept I was truly confused as to how I would end up connecting the cross faders / any other buttons or knobs I had to the board and making it work with the MIDI.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsagat666 View Post
    Crap I was mistaken. Its a mega 1280 which is still using the FTDI serial chip. The new mega 2560 uses a different chip to convert to serial so you can program it to be a MIDI device that would not require any crappy drivers. Damn I wish I new all this as I just ordered a usb to midi cable to accomplish this very task.
    ah bugger - I just ordered this earlier today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

which looks like it's a mega 1280... does that mean I'll need to install a driver if I want to use this in Windows?

it appears that the 2560 can be programmed to appear as a usb midi device, rather than a generic usb device. Is that correct?

ah well, it was only £20!

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    ah bugger - I just ordered this earlier today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

which looks like it's a mega 1280... does that mean I'll need to install a driver if I want to use this in Windows?

it appears that the 2560 can be programmed to appear as a usb midi device, rather than a generic usb device. Is that correct?

ah well, it was only £20!
    Yeah check my post in the BIG Arduino thread about the roland midi driver. The big issue for me is getting Midi back into the arduino.

would buying the midi shield help at all?

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9595

at least that way you could interface directly to the arduino via midi cables, rather than usb.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast