Pioneer DDJ-T1 - A slap in the face for Traktor users !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

not all 1/4" jacks are balanced, as a side point... do we know if Pioneer are using balance or unbalanced connections? hopefully the former!

I like the Pioneer effort a lot - its a hard call between it and an S4...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorman View Post
    I know that balanced TRS's are the same soundwise:higher dB output with less signal-to-noise ratio
    They have a higher signal to noise ratio than unbalanced, not lower, because the noise floor is much lower.

And XLR and TRS transmit the signal in exactly the same way, with a seperate ground and two signals running out of phase. There is no difference.

The only advantage, as mentioned before, is that XLRs are more secure in hardware terms.

-----

Mil0 - They will definitely be balanced.

As for the DDJ-T1, i like the look of it, i think for somebody who wants a solid bedroom set-up and the ability to feel comfortable on CDJs it would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    All i can say is not bad for Pioneer 1st pair of DJ midi controllers. If you dont like, hey their are plenty of traktor controllers on the market.
    Agreed.

It's down to personal choice which you prefer. I dare say I could come up with an equal number of faults for most controllers on the market.... Yes even the beloved s4 (which in my opinion is FAR from perfect). If you like the look of the T1 then try it. If you don't like it then steer clear. Each to there own!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

OK, the quibbling over if the unit has 1/4" or XLR is pretty funny since no matter what, guess what's coming out of that? MP3's!! Highly compressed audio folks! So, will your audience really notice the difference if your 320 kbps mp3's are coming out of 1/4" or XLR's? Very seriously doubt it. Unless of course, you're buying and playing only 1411 kbps WAV files.

once again, there's no difference in sound quality about 1/4 & XLRs... XLR are just more "secure" ... just to quote Maxted...

We could even fit some Screws Terminal and the sound would be the same

Tech Convert

Default I Love Gear!!!

AMEN I couldn't agree more theres a lot of plastic junk out there and manufactures are asking top dollar be a WISE shopper. ME I love my Denon DN-S3700s and my Allen&Heath Xone 4d both are built solid and you can feel it I use my 3700s in Hybrid mode but I can also switch to cd or usb mode which is great for me.
    Allen&Heath xone 4d, denon DN-S3700, kontrol X1, NI Maschine, korg Kaoss pad, Korg Kaossilator pro, Traktor Pro, Mac Pro Quad 3ghz12gig, Cyberpower Quad 8 gig, Akai apc40 , Akai apc 20, Akai mpk25,Akai MPC32, Bryston amp 4bsst, RME fireface uc, Presonus centeral station, Rane Audio Analyzer, Velodyne hgs15 sub, fostex monitors, Tyler Accoustics monitors, ableton live 8 suite,:D

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    i dont care, i wont be buying one

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    If you dont like, hey their are plenty of traktor controllers on the market.

i feel one of my 'definative' polls coming on... it's just like the S4 last year, but at least that was happy fun time debating. not PIONEER SUCK trolololololol....

yes, they are priced too high. yes they could've done more. and yes they should focus more on their car stereos than these pieces of shit.

/thread

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

hand dandy link to a thread that solves ALL of this

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23733

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Aviatorman has made a great and agressive review on the "downs" of Pioneer gear. I'm going to get a new controller and i don't know what to choose between Traktor S4 or Pioneer T1. A good question is I have Traktor Pro and I was thinking of updating to Traktor Pro 2. But if I buy a Pioneer i will not use it at full because of the sample decks, because Pioneer doesnt have the "sample" buttons like. =( I have a LPD8 and it is a solution but not the best. I was told that Traktor S4 has audio issues on Windows. That's true? Because I not thinking of buying a Mac only for this. =(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast