Turn 2 LPD8 into a MidiFighter (leds working) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    do you reckon the new midifighter fx combo map will work on the lpd8's?
    No, I'm pretty sure you need a 4 banks mode.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    do you reckon the new midifighter fx combo map will work on the lpd8's?
    thanks
    no it won't, cause the new midifighter firmware got 4 layers, means it can send different note's on each button.

i take a quick look at the mapping, the only 4 buttons which are the same in every mapping is B2 B3 B4 B5, the rest is different.
    So you had to make a lot of modifications to make this run for the LPD8, but it would be cool, cause you could adjust the lenght of the transition with the knobs.

The mapping as it is, won't work for the LPD8, it would take that much time, that is better do start from scratch.
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

cheers

well I was looking for an excuse to buy a midi fighter and think I just got one
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

so i did the Monitor-Events Mapping for the Top LPD8.

You can Monitor
    • VolumeMeters
    • DeckBalance/Pan
    • Phase Monitor (you can use it as "StepSequencer", play Sound with 128BPM, and set the MasterClock on 96BPM, so you got a 4 Beat Stepsequencer )

all is explained in POST2 of this Thread

AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

Tech Convert

great job in this post
    now i don't know if buy a midifighter to make super combos or perhaps another lpd8...
    super combos in the lpd8 and the adjusting knobs sounds perfect but i don't know if i will can program all without loosing my custom tsi with kills,key,beatjump,seek position....

Tech Student

Very usefull post, thank you!

Tech Wizard

One idea for you, it would be very cool to make a box for these two and pus a little usb hub inside so you this would look like 1 unit. Something like this.
    [ame]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd321/Kurbitur/mysetup/Lpd8x2.jpg[/ame]
    sorry for the colors. I didn't choose the right format in ai but you get the idea.
    My soundcloud(not the best mixes): http://soundcloud.com/mystical-bear/
    My Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/Einarbanani/

Tech Convert

Can I use your mapping for just 1 LPD ? I really like the midi fighter but just cant afford to get one but this seems like just what im after

if u want to emulate a midifighter in 4banks mode (for stuff like the instant grat tsi) using an lpd8 then i have a midimasher config that does exactly that. PAD mode is used for the top two rows and CC mode for the bottom two rows. link is in my sig if u wanted to try it and select the "lpd8_midifighter_4banks" config
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast