DJ Rafik - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

Tech Guru

i gotta disagree with you on that vid brad. well i agree and disagree.....

i agree the vid you posted isnt that impressive.

but i disagree in the sense that you think its even remotely close to what a DMC world champion can do with controllerist gear.

we need more guys like rafik doing this. it only adds to controllerism's legitimacy and makes the gear that we use more acceptable to the fuddy duddies that say if its not vynil, its not dj'ing.

im stoaked about these vids.

WE NEED TO MAKE MORE

guys like us, here on the forum. the more stuff like this thats out there, the better it is FOR ALL OF US.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Rafik has been doing this for a while with Traktor Scratch before the X1 and Maschine.
    This is why hes doing what he is with those units. previously it was a Faderfox and a Pad controller.

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    but i disagree in the sense that you think its even remotely close to what a DMC world champion can do with controllerist gear.
    did i say it was? or that i thought that? just said all the bitching is reminiscent of when that vid come out.

but i agree that more need to be made, trawled youtube and related sites and didn't really find much

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I think it's perfectly legitimate for him to use 2 controllers and to not use them both to their full potentials.

I know from using certain controllers that even though I have the necessary controls to perform or play a certain way, I often wish I had a 2nd controller that was dedicated to a specific function. I mean, I could use my faderfox DJ1 to control every single parameter within Traktor (through using lots of modifiers!) but it would be hell to use.

And regarding the Maschine's unused functionality; so what? the performance was shit hot! Don't forget this was an NI product demonstration, and in particular, a demonstration of cuepoint juggling on NI products. Using all the synths/samples/etc that come with the Maschine would have been overkill, imho.

Look can we get something straight here. Not all these NI videos are meant to be taken as the ultimate usage of the gear or skill of the DJ.

They are meant as intros to show a bit of what the gear can do.
    Some, like the Klever one is pretty astounding. But whats the point of only showing stuff that the mere mortal cannot achieve.

Anyone stop to think that some of these videos are made so that people think "yeah that looks like something i could learn to do" instead of "fuck ill never be that good"

Inspiring people to have a go, not just entertain them

Like i already said hes been doing this with lesser (?) kit before. NI must have said "hey fancy doing that shizzle on our pizzle?" no big mystery . Just a product swap for a Demo vid.

If what hes doing is beneath anyone then the video isnt aimed at you and you should stop pissing in your shoes and watch something else.
    If you think it looks pretty neat, go down to the store and have go on the gear.

They are just Promo videos... jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..!
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 12-11-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Amen Karlos!

@ the haters.

My personal feeling is that if anyone feels that they can do better.......show us!

I think this dude rocks.....

This kinda thing you can;t do by just setting your gear up and putting in teh trax.

He obviously took some time into developing these lil routines....and pops them into his sets.....to a lesser degree.

Mixing to me is boring (in a sense).....i want to be able to do MORE.
    Watching a mix vid is boring if there is no flair.

So when i 'practice'....its a focus on FX...how to use them and working on fillers and more FLAIR. This gets used when i do sets. I don't need to practice to mix.

Sure, this is not for your DJ that plays lounge chilled tunes in the background...

This is for DJ's who like to showcase their talents....with a bit of FLAIR!

Take it further.

So yeah......if you can do better.....show us. Simple as that.

I will then show YOUR clips to my mates and strive to be as good as you.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    we could produce stuff like that on our various existing (much cheaper) MIDI devices ..
    $199 for the X1 is pretty cheap to me...

PS

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - Ralph Wiggum

Oh yeah....and the 3rd video rocks.

When he jams the cuepoints on either side ....at the same time?

Come on.....thats funky!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Exactamundo.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast