Unlocking the Maschine Studio Screens - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Shhhhhhhh. Let them have their fun. We don't need to remind them what a proprietary protocol is, and ruin this entire thing for them outright.

OP: You might want to try backtracing the user ID GUI in Traktor, it should let you hack the software, and open up the hacker menu on the Maschine. This is just advice from my lvl 3 hacker friend, he's reverse engineered Microsoft.
    oh nice im sure he hacked the pentagon too....

i'm not looking to get in a pissing match here guys.

If your interested then stay on deck, if not just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    When was the last time you looked at the code of both Traktor and Maschine and compared them?

In any case, you're going to need to know how to write to the displays, and that's going to require the hardware - which isn't out yet. And if you're assuming that NI isn't going to support the use of the Studio controller with Traktor (which is probably a safe bet), then you're also going to need to write a bit of middleware that facilitates that communication without introducing so much latency that the whole effort is counter-productive.
    I don't think I'll ever be able to understand this line of thinking people seem to have that Traktor and Maschine have anything to do with each other. "Still waiting on that Traktor-Maschine integration," maybe someday Numark's product development department will have a stroke and decide to "integrate" the MPC platform into a DJ workflow too?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    I don't think I'll ever be able to understand this line of thinking people seem to have that Traktor and Maschine have anything to do with each other. "Still waiting on that Traktor-Maschine integration," maybe someday Numark's product development department will have a stroke and decide to "integrate" the MPC platform into a DJ workflow too?
    Because somewhere in their "on the record" sessions they've discussed this as being part of the road map. No one knows to what extent but that idea has been put out there.

I doubt Traktor sends any waveform display information out via HID, as afaik, there isn't any hardware that supports this... yet. When they do, it should be possible to do something similar to an old project of mine:

one way to do it now would be to read/scan the Traktor waveforms directly from the Windows/OSX screen. Like how I did this:

In any case, you're going to need to know how to write to the displays, and that's going to require the hardware - which isn't out yet.
    Not necessarily - I guess you would need one to test it. The software side probably doesn't keep it a secret - friends of mine figured out how to write to Push's screen before they got their hardware. Also, outside the world of DJing, screens aren't really an exciting or unusual thing, and all work more or less the same way.

introducing so much latency
    This could be an issue. It would seem like the sort of low resolution would help allow for a fast refresh rate, but the software side could be a limiting factor, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Stop giving me potential reasons to buy the Studio! I already have the MK2!
    That didn't stop some of us. Besides, whether or not I'll DJ using my Maschine Studio, it will get use every day.

@milo yeah man I was following that project very closely back in the day. Still interested in it.

Bumping this to let you all know that unless we're specifically asked to by a company and they have a compelling reason, we will never close a thread that's attempting to hack a piece of hardware, even if it might violate EULA. We very much promote modifying gear to make it do what you want, and that's pretty much how DJTT got our start.

Also, we really want to see Traktor on Maschine screens. So hurry up already!

Quote Originally Posted by djspacecamp View Post
    Bumping this to let you all know that unless we're specifically asked to by a company and they have a compelling reason, we will never close a thread that's attempting to hack a piece of hardware, even if it might violate EULA. We very much promote modifying gear to make it do what you want, and that's pretty much how DJTT got our start.
    )
    Just curious: why is the attitude different when it comes to software hacks (assuming no piracy is involved)?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Just curious: why is the attitude different when it comes to software hacks (assuming no piracy is involved)?
    I'm not sure any threads about hacking software have been closed. The "Ghetto Timecode" thread ran for years.
    I think the premise of 'most' (not all) threads on hacking software is that it is done on already cracked software as in the case of one of the timecode hack threads where the user admitted it was a cracked version.

In the case of Hackintosh threads, Admin have made it clear that that discussion is not permitted. Who wants Apple breathing down your neck?

I'm not actually aware of an EULA regarding 'hardware'. My FYI (which I reiterate was just an FYI) is that the OP wanted to ask NI about doing something that I know was in breach of the EULA, therefore NI would have no interest in taking part. That was with regard to software not hardware. That distinction must be made
    There was never a mention of closing this thread.

Well, somewhat recently there have been posts deleted that referenced the ability to make non-certified mixers (like the DB4/DB2) work with Traktor Scratch Pro. I have a legitimate copy of Traktor Scratch Pro (actually, 3 licenses!) and initially used the hack with my DB2 until I ultimately purchased an Audio 10. I'm not sure what "Ghetto Timecode" is, but maybe that's the same thing.

Not complaining, just curious if there was a specific hardware/software distinction. I can understand not wanting to upset anyone.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 10-23-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast