eks "otus"... - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Well, some lucky dude is still waiting for his review copy to arrive. If that happens, we are going to see one insanely happy oz.
    So I forget did you have an agreement with EKS to get one to review? Did they give us an ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    So I forget did you have an agreement with EKS to get one to review? Did they give us an ETA?
    Eans got one he is taking though its paces.

we have an otus here but I am not going to review it until they "figure some things out"

I will let you decide what that means. The good news is the hardware is very nice but some firmware things need to be resolved before its really usable.

I searched the forums for any news from NAMM this year but didnt seen any. Was EKS there and was there anything worth mentioning?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    I searched the forums for any news from NAMM this year but didnt seen any. Was EKS there and was there anything worth mentioning?
    +1
    How the review is going?
    Have anyone spotted an online review?
    Last edited by djcl.ear; 01-24-2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Activating notification

Tech Convert

i have some questions for other 1:
    I havent found a way to get around the random jump the the pitch is makin sometimes, for example it randomly goes from 1.1% to 1.3% and if u need to go to 1.2% u cant get there
    do you find a way to solve this issue?

have ever try an other dj software to find out if it's a traktor bug?

Have you try to scratch with the platter? Does the response is fast?

Quote Originally Posted by cenetaure View Post
    i have some questions for other1:

do you find a way to solve this issue?

have ever try an other dj software to find out if it's a traktor bug?

Have you try to scratch with the platter? Does the response is fast?
    ye use sync ;P the way im mixin i always use the platter to "line" up tracks and then adjusting the pitch, and even if im running it a 35% the pitchjumps of 0.5 dont rly bother me, i can still do my mixin and if i need it to be more spot on, i use sync to get around the issue

no, i didnt try any other DJ software, just cuz im lazy ;P or u can se it like this, if the EKS XP10's can do pitchresolution down to 0,01 in native mode in Bison(EKS dj software) id say the Otus is at least somwhere close, and now as 14bit midi is said to be added to Traktor Pro and EKS saying they will support HD midi when that is done, it im not rly that botherd about this whole issue, i got to many songs to sort out what order and parts and loops of them im gonna play on my 4 decks, and add accapellas

as im no scratcher in any way i cant give u an opinion on this, but for me the scratch responce is good, but as i have said earlyer, there seems to be some kind of bug in Traktor Pro with the scratch on message, as it releases to early or dosent stick at all sometimes, it works gr8 in traktor 3, so thats why im thinkin its a bug
    Last edited by other1; 01-29-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: corrected my alias in the quote ;P and fixxed my bad info about HD-midi
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Convert

EKS XP10's can do pitchresolution down to 0,01 in native mode in Bison(EKS dj software)
    Actually you've try the XP10 in Bison but not the OTUS right?

I'm not a scratcher too but it can help me to know how accurate the platter can be.

now as 14bit midi is said to be added to Traktor Pro and EKS saying they will support it im not rly that botherd about this whole issue
    Xcuse me but where did you get this information? it will be great for the future!!!

I'm sorry but i have some more questions:

how low you can get with the latency settings with the OTUS?

I guess the sound is good (you mentioned it) but is the output level is loud?
    Comparing to a line source like a cd player?

My last questions is about the pitch ribbons? is it easy to use?

Thks U for you help

I think i gonna buy 2!!!!

From my talks with EKS they seemed pretty keen on dishing out firmware updates to keep the device running as smooth as it possibly can. They have even stated that they plan to introduce HD midi firmware when its finaaaaallllly introduced.

It wouldnt suprise me in the least if 14 bit midi was going to be supported in the near future

it was stated here long ago: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/2...ther/#more-632

that HD midi would be supported, sorry for the confusion on my part I just grabbed it out of my memmory(and its not good by any standards and totaly fukked, but thats another story) and was wrong, I meant to say HD-midi, but mixxed it up with 14bit midi support, but as Bento said, and if i know the EKS dudes right they'll prolly get 14bit midi up and running in notime
    Last edited by other1; 01-29-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff