eks "otus"... - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Tech Wizard

I've seen the youtube vids, looks sweet but nothing indepth yet.
    I'm wondering when you switch to the 2nd deck does that double up all the controls, I only see the leds change colour for the buttons, platter and touch strips, do the rotaries change as well?

Yes u can have them separate for each layer, but as I have them mapped for each efx rack,Ii have them in global mode, so it dosent matter what layer am in, I always have acces to the efx racks.
    But the 2 rotarys to the left of the big jog I have mapped to the channel filter and to the key rotary, so I can go chipmunks if I wanna
    I think I have them set to relative atm, so if I switch layer and move the rotary it jumps to where it was b4 so im gonna change that. I guess absolute mode will solve it, but then u hve to "pick it" up where it was by rotating it back to where the software has the value and go from there.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

to continue a bit on the last post I felt taht I wanted to explain how i have mapped my Otus, and id appreciate some feedback on it so here we go, from top to bottom.

The 2 rotarys/push down buttoms at the top r simply for scroling tru efx and pushin it dow turns efx on.

The 8 top rotarys are set to global midi, so layer has no effect on them, they r mapped as the efx racks in Traktor Pro, same as it loocks in Traktor Pro

The last 2 Rotarys to the left of the jog is for channel filter and key rotarys.

The big jog is like a CDJ 1k jog, upper part for scratchin, outer rim is for pitch bending (using CD-DJ Jog midi command here).

Forward button is unmapped atm.

Cue is cue.

Play/pause is Cup.

The 3 smaler buttons to the left is:
    top: key on/off
    middle: sync
    bottom: unmapped atm

the uturn arrowbuttons are mapped as loading tracks, this is also layer dependent, in orange layer the left loads a track to deck A, and the right is instant dubble from deck B, and the other way around in green layer.

The bottom left rotary is for scrolling the file tree, pushing it expands the current map if it is deeper.

The bottom right is for scrolling the file list, pushing it toggles full file view/decks.

Mousepad and buttons r unmapped, workin on what i want here, its a bit to fast to use as a mouse, but hopefully that is a setting i have missed.

The 6 touchbuttons r quejumps atm, works exelent as this imo.

Pitch slider is set to Traktors midicommand Tempo, with the Default setting as sensetivity, I havent found a way to get around the random jump the the pitch is makin sometimes, for example it randomly goes from 1.1% to 1.3% and if u need to go to 1.2% u cant get there, then u have to use sync if the BPM matches, it is the same with the XP10s, and I suspect there is a bug in Traktor here, cuz the xp10's and the Otus can send 0.xx resolution on the pitch fader, so I have no idea how to get around this. Tempo is mapped to relative to get a sensitivity setting, but at 100% I get full range, but the random jump here and there. Lowering sensetivity reduces the range of the picth in a non usable way.
    Any1 got any ideas about this, pls reply below.

For the last 7 small buttons to the right of the big jog are set to cue and loop controll settings, the bottom button is set to drop a cue(cant remember the midi atm, ask me if u need to know) the 2 above that is for makin loops bigger and smaller, the button with a ring around it drops a 4 beat loop. The 1 above that is toggeling active state of the current loop.
    The 2 at the top is for manual seting of loop in and out points.

Remember that the switch layer button is also sending midi, so ither disable that in the EKS xmapper or remember it when mappin

Any feedback on this is gr8tly appreciated.

peace
    Last edited by other1; 12-03-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks, fixed a bit ;P

vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

ok so this is probably a dumb question but I’ve been wondering for a while

(in my head) the setup for the Otus and for that matter the XPS I want to use does not include an external audio mixer.

From the little I saw on the EKS website this seems possible (also from my understanding of the way this hardware works…although I may be wrong).

Say I have a laptop, Traktor, a BCR2000, an Otus and a stereo receiver with a couple speakers. Will this setup be sufficient for mixing and recording?

My understanding is that I could run the Otus to the laptop (USB), run some RCA cables to the receiver, an other USB to the laptop for the BCR and essentially use the BCR as my “mixer” to control the levels and what- not in Traktor. Im assuming I could make the settings for the headphone monitors in Traktor and record the master mix straight from Traktor. Im guessing that since the soundcards on the Otus and XPS are multi channel soundcards, the line out levels on those would be controlled by Traktor right? I’d then obviously use the Otus and XPS for midi control along with the BCR. Why would there be a need for an audio mixer

Is my understanding here accurate guys/gals?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yes, you're understanding is correct.

You would have no need for an external audio mixer
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well, I had the same thing.

If I am correct, the Otus has a built in audio device, which would make it okay.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

awesome! Thanks for the reply guys. Now......to actually buy this stuff.....

That will be a about a year or so but that is one less friggn device I'll have to shell out cash for.

so when do we get a DJ TT review of this beauty??

Well, some lucky dude is still waiting for his review copy to arrive. If that happens, we are going to see one insanely happy oz.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

shameless bump on the Otus matter

looks like they made a nice bag for it

http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=56

time to spend some more cash when i can

vestax PMC-CX