custom traktor controller with internal 7" vga screen mod - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

don't think people realise what this tool can do... it's quite an effective way of re-arranging all the GUI elements in Traktor but there are also a few limitations.

good news is that I'm looking to get it re-programmed so that it can work on just one screen and Traktor can be minimised so that only the cloned areas are displayed. More news soon...

Tech Convert

Clonething starts with "Failed to Initialize Application" -- sad.
    I wonder if it has to do with running a second monitor on my psp? I don't imagine that's the case, but I also don't know how your mate's appplication hooks into the gfx system.

Tech Convert

Here is an example of how cool this program could be for anyone interested in seeing what's possible.

Unfortunately, CloneThing isn't working on my computer. I tried Windows Magnifier to set my PSP display as a second monitor, and then clone part of the main monitor to my PSP, but magnifier only runs about 4 FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDlteg8P8E

This second video demonstrates using the PSP without magnifier, and just having PSPDisp display a coordinate off the main monitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VO--nv4IJk

Sorry, I don't have sound on my crappy camera

Looking forward to the re-write of the program!

Interesting stuff...

I think you need to install one of the .net frameworks for it to work... have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by csounds View Post
    Here is an example of how cool this program could be for anyone interested in seeing what's possible.

Unfortunately, CloneThing isn't working on my computer. I tried Windows Magnifier to set my PSP display as a second monitor, and then clone part of the main monitor to my PSP, but magnifier only runs about 4 FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDlteg8P8E

This second video demonstrates using the PSP without magnifier, and just having PSPDisp display a coordinate off the main monitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VO--nv4IJk

Sorry, I don't have sound on my crappy camera

Looking forward to the re-write of the program!
    I don't really get the difference between the two videos... they look the same except the first one has poor fps / lag? can you explain what you're doing differently and the advantages of the first video?

hey milo, really love the idea for the program

is it possible to use the utility on multiple windows ie traktor & ableton?
    fart.

Tech Wizard

Why don't you make it open source so anyone could contribute...?

ko1N.

Quote Originally Posted by ko1N View Post
    Why don't you make it open source so anyone could contribute...?

ko1N.
    okay - I'll have a chat with the author and see if he minds... I'm sure it won't be a problem. How's your Visual Basic skills?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    okay - I'll have a chat with the author and see if he minds... I'm sure it won't be a problem. How's your Visual Basic skills?
    Nice to hear!
    Coded Visual Basic back in the ancient times, but i'm mainly in C/C++ and ASM. I know Java pretty well due to university, too... -_-

I just asked cause I'm still thinking about a simple touchscreen based dj controller (i liked the looop-r concept very much though). But i wanted to use it as an addition to casual deck controls and to work on FX.
    I thought the easiest way for a simple touchscreen would be to use the screen as a second display on my computer, running a simple software that creates midi messages from the inputs (and translates the HID or Midi from the haptic controls) to control the software. It would be easy to remap the haptic controls depending on the current screen, too.
    It would be even nicer to have some simple wavelines or view the traktor controls on the screen so you could place your laptop anywhere.
    My only problem is a proper case though... :/

Greetings,
    Patrick.
    Last edited by ko1N; 03-27-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Just found this:

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache...&hl=en&ct=clnk

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/lightni..._June_2008.doc

seems to be a utility for flight sims that allows you to clone the HUD's (cockpit displays) and show them on external screens... in other words, just what we need!

I'm at work at the moment so I haven't had a chance to test it yet but check this out:

that's a cockpit design by a serious flightsim gamer who created all those HUD displays using displaylink vga displays (like the Samsung U70 I posted in my original post) and the utility above.

sickness!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast