custom traktor controller with internal 7" vga screen mod - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Hmmm.... OnTopReplica does exactly what you want, just seemingly limited to a single clone. The major (read: MAJOR) issue is that it only supports Win Vista/7... No XP support, which won't be much of an issue in a few more years (hopefully), but it will be for many people at the moment (my rig is xp based for example)...

However! I will be tearing the code apart in an attempt to figure out how he captures image of a minimized application. Hopefully that part doesn't require DWM (Aero -- I turn it off on my win7 boxes to increase performance)...

GRRR! You have just caused me hours and hours of reading/research/experimentation... *shakes fist in mock anger*

Quote Originally Posted by DjNecro View Post
    Hmmm.... OnTopReplica does exactly what you want, just seemingly limited to a single clone. The major (read: MAJOR) issue is that it only supports Win Vista/7... No XP support, which won't be much of an issue in a few more years (hopefully), but it will be for many people at the moment (my rig is xp based for example)...

However! I will be tearing the code apart in an attempt to figure out how he captures image of a minimized application. Hopefully that part doesn't require DWM (Aero -- I turn it off on my win7 boxes to increase performance)...

GRRR! You have just caused me hours and hours of reading/research/experimentation... *shakes fist in mock anger*
    haha.

I don't think you can capture a minimized window (since the paintwindow/drawwindow api or whatever isn't used on a minimized window) but like I said, setting window transparency to full and cloning the transparent window would probably be feasible as long as clone-thing isn't actually cloning the desktop but calling the pixels from the actual traktor window.

I can help a little bit. I'm not a programmer but I am a quick learner. VBA was real easy (I know that it sucks and is nothing like real coding) and I don't mind picking up a book or two on C+ or C# (whatever it is you use).

Also, I do want to use your program. I was just suggesting to look at ontopreplica to get some ideas on implementation and functionality. I don't know if you have click-through functionality (which I think is a bit buggy in ontopreplica) but that would definitely be a boon to a touchscreen application.

Aero -- I turn it off on my win7 boxes to increase performance
    it was my understanding that Aero actually increases performance compared to using Windows 7 with it disabled (the opposite to WinXP).

or am I horribly mistaken?

Tech Mentor

it was my understanding that Aero actually increases performance compared to using Windows 7 with it disabled (the opposite to WinXP).
    On my current win 7 system it most certainly does increase performance... single core centrino 1.8 with 2 gig of ram...

Cloning a minimized window is possible starting with vista due to DWM support in .net, but I am hesitant to restrict the utility to windows 7 only (i'll never support vista )..

I'll play around with the transparent window idea and see if I can maintain 12+ sections on screen at any given time...

On my current win 7 system it most certainly does increase performance... single core centrino 1.8 with 2 gig of ram...

Cloning a minimized window is possible starting with vista due to DWM support in .net, but I am hesitant to restrict the utility to windows 7 only (i'll never support vista )..

I'll play around with the transparent window idea and see if I can maintain 12+ sections on screen at any given time...
    ah, very cool. I'd love to be able to re-arrange traktor's windows.

One thing I really wish I could do would be to have traktor show everything in the global view (maybe there is a way but I can't figure it out).

i.e. On the Left Side: Metronome + FX 1&3
    and on the right side: recording + FX 2&4

It's so annoying to be recording, and trying to switch back to see what FX are enabled.

So has anyone figured out how to switch views on the same screen with either of these utilities so far?

I've tried macros, but they won't register them.... Only way i can think of is to literally press ctrl+alt+shift+F1/F2/F3 on a keyboard to hide different slices stacked on top of each other....

hi there - I just saw your pm and I'll try and answer it in the next few days. There is a way to trigger the keyboard shortcuts in djnecro's clone tool using midi via an Autohotkey script that I've written/modified. It's been awhile since I've last looked at all this so my memory is a bit fuzzy... I'll have a look through my scripts folder this weekend and get back to you

Awesome! I actually went the same route, and spent hours learning AHK, got everything working, except clonething won't register the commands.

I've been trying to macro everything to cycle through three views by the Left click command, because I'm trying to use a touchscreen that can send left clicks. It all works, except clonething won't recognize the inputs.

This is what I've got:

SendMode, play
    State := 1
    Return

Lbutton::
    If State = 1
    Send, ^!+{F1}
    Else If State = 2
    Send, ^!+{F2}
    Else If State = 3
    Send, ^!+{F1}^!+{F2}
    State := Mod(State + 1,3) ;3 states in total
    Return

Also, how is your custom CDJ2000 traktor coming along?

Tech Mentor

Hi all -- Sorry to resurrect a billion year old thread, but I've just stumbled across this (I'm new here), and I've been following it through, I've tried the RepliKaTor program and got it all working etc. but the problem I'm having is choosing a secondary display; Is there a way I can know if the digital photo frame I choose is going to be able to act as a secondary display or not? As most of them only seem to have USB ports rather than video inputs.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CountenanT View Post
    Hi all -- Sorry to resurrect a billion year old thread, but I've just stumbled across this (I'm new here), and I've been following it through, I've tried the RepliKaTor program and got it all working etc. but the problem I'm having is choosing a secondary display; Is there a way I can know if the digital photo frame I choose is going to be able to act as a secondary display or not? As most of them only seem to have USB ports rather than video inputs.
    if I recall, not all photoframes that have USB can be used a secondary display.

you need to look in the specs and see if it specifically mentions that the display can do this... it's usually the higher end ones that allow it.

personally, I'd go for a proper VGA lcd monitor... you can get 'em for about $70 on ebay (usually Hong Kong sellers).