nice one - that solves a lot of time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8A64LOXRZs

sweet!!
    That one looks nice!
    My soundcloud(not the best mixes): http://soundcloud.com/mystical-bear/
    My Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/Einarbanani/

Tech Mentor

Hey all!

I've released a new beta of RepliKaTor (v0.5.5.0). It's available here: http://code.google.com/p/replikator/...0Installer.exe

As before, please submit any and all issues to the.... issues page!

No real new features, mostly just code clean up and stability fixes... I have added the basic framework for logging to assist in debugging future issues. I have also fixed the settings upgrade process to (hopefully) eliminate the need to re-create your configs. Exporting/Importing is next.

Thanks to all!

Nice one man - really appreciate the work you've put into this tool

I've had a little play with the new version and it feels more solid. I'm still having some issues with getting the hotkeys to work. Once they're setup and working, it's fine... but getting replikator to remember the hotkeys takes a bit of playing around.

How hard would it be to disable the code that detects if a hotkey is being used on more than one section? Would be quite handy to be able to assign 1 keyboard button to enable/disable multiple sections at a time... is that a big job or just commenting out the detection code?

Tech Mentor

How hard would it be to disable the code that detects if a hotkey is being used on more than one section? Would be quite handy to be able to assign 1 keyboard button to enable/disable multiple sections at a time... is that a big job or just commenting out the detection code?
    It's not my code that stops it from working, it's the way Windows works. You can only register a hotkey once.. So any future assignment would either throw an error, or just overwrite the original.

The feature you are talking about is planned for a future version. I'll be calling it 'Scenes', in that you will have a third tab that allows you to configure a batch of scenes that contain sections (or perhaps even other scenes). Once that feature is complete, the hotkeys will be moved to activating/deactivating the scenes (which will then enable/disable multiple sections at the same time).

I have a few features on my todo list that I want to get finished before starting on the scenes. Namely: import/export of configuration; Develop a 'wizard' for configuring x/y locations;

Rest assured however, you will get what you want

Also, could you please elaborate what difficulties you are experiencing when it comes to hotkey's not saving? I'm not sure I've seen that on my test systems.

is it possible to use the vertical side by side bars to beatmatch or no?

Tech Mentor

There is a little bit of latency due to redrawing, however it is very very slight. I'd expect using them to beatmatch would certainly be possible, however you'd probably find that beatmatching by ear, not by waveforms will be more precise

Sorry about the delay - been in the process of reinstalling my studio pc, my laptop AND my server! So basically, I haven't been able to do much testing... hopefully in the next week or so though

Quote Originally Posted by DjNecro View Post
    There is a little bit of latency due to redrawing, however it is very very slight. I'd expect using them to beatmatch would certainly be possible, however you'd probably find that beatmatching by ear, not by waveforms will be more precise
    yeah sometimes it's hard for me to figure out which beat is the slower one and which is faster and I'm more visual than auditory. It'd be nice for practice if I could see how the track is moving relative to the other. Sometimes I think I need to get better cans but they are so damn expensive.

Also: Is there a way to rearrange traktor w/o two monitors?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    yeah sometimes it's hard for me to figure out which beat is the slower one and which is faster and I'm more visual than auditory. It'd be nice for practice if I could see how the track is moving relative to the other. Sometimes I think I need to get better cans but they are so damn expensive.

Also: Is there a way to rearrange traktor w/o two monitors?
    Not using RepliKaTor, no.. I am simply grabbing screenshots and redrawing them in alternate locations, so the clones will clone anything contained in the coordinates you specify.. Even other cloned sections..

My knowledge of win32 programming is limited at best, there MAY be a way to grab sections of a minimized application, but I have zero clue how

RepliKaTor IS open source, so if you (or anyone else) want to improve it, feel free
    Last edited by DjNecro; 06-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DjNecro View Post
    Not using RepliKaTor, no.. I am simply grabbing screenshots and redrawing them in alternate locations, so the clones will clone anything contained in the coordinates you specify.. Even other cloned sections..

My knowledge of win32 programming is limited at best, there MAY be a way to grab sections of a minimized application, but I have zero clue how

RepliKaTor IS open source, so if you (or anyone else) want to improve it, feel free
    I am not a programmer (I know VBA, lulz) but if you can figure out the code for this you could have a "tick box" or button press which does the following

1) Maximizes traktor
    2) Find the window name
    3) Sets traktor window opacity to 0 (fully transparent)
    4) Grab the traktor window and display using clone thing. therefore you could have traktor running essentially in the background.
    5) Have a "Show traktor" button in clone thing which sets opacity to 100 (fully opaque) which resets the window so you can see it again.

Obviously the user would have to set the pixels he wanted to grab in traktor before making it go transparent, but this seems like the best way (and the only way) to achieve the re-arrangement of traktor using 1 screen. I don't know if the way you are calling the window forces it to be opaque as opposed to simply finding the application window and using it.

You may also want to check this out:
    http://www.klopfenstein.net/lorenz.aspx/ontopreplica

It's an open source project as well that has been around for a while. May give you some good ideas.

And code to set window transparency -
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Cap...zedWindow.aspx
    Last edited by Frank112916; 06-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.