Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 8
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

we should all be pleased that a 'daydreaming ideas' thread got realised!

In my opinion, I doubt NI stole anyones ideas. Without being unkind, it's a fairly obvious progression for the X1 to make. I guess when we see the whole thing we'll get a better idea of how close NI are to the mockups.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post

In my opinion, I doubt NI stole anyones ideas. Without being unkind, it's a fairly obvious progression for the X1 to make. I guess when we see the whole thing we'll get a better idea of how close NI are to the mockups.
    + if you dont register a patent there's nothing you can do..

heard some rumors about the apc40 some guy showed at akai without patenting it first. they just took his idea and made some serious $$$..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post

I know,
    wasnt thinking about charging them with theft. Just one email saying, thank you. would be fun. just to make my ego feel good

other than that Im just glad great controllers keep popping up every now and then.
    I was in the progress of pre ordering two k2's when i came across the livid ctrl-r due to be released in february.
    got my mind thinking, then found the NI tease. now I have no idea wich one I should buy.

decisions decisions

Actually, if they continue to make great controllers and DON'T improve the Controller Manager in Traktor, I am going to start to get PO'ed. You can get all these nice controllers and there are possibilities galore with them, but really taking full potential of those possibilities is a PITA and almost counterproductive to their sales efforts. C'mon NI! Pull your head out!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    I was in the progress of pre ordering two k2's when i came across the livid ctrl-r due to be released in february.
    got my mind thinking, then found the NI tease. now I have no idea wich one I should buy.

decisions decisions
    same boat as you. I'll most likely get one of these what ever it is. All of the NI controllers work beautifully with their software.

If I had a DB:4 id easily be swayed for the K2 though.

Was a bit bored on the couch and made this:

I'm sort of hoping they can fit 4 x 4 rotaries up the top for FX or Mixer. That would be the sweet spot for me. I also wonder if the pads will be the exact same as Maschine or will be slightly smaller?

The CNTRL-R looks totally amazing for Ableton and Traktor, it is a little expensive for me this year
    Last edited by ekwipt; 01-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Change the topmost pots to endless encoders (for browsing and loading samples) and you might be dead on, I would guess
    I also think the people suggesting this might be connected to some improvements on the software side are probably right. I guess it will depend on those changes if I will give this a go instead of buying another X1.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Mudo

RGB support on traktor will be great news...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...00193610145474

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    I know,
    wasnt thinking about charging them with theft. Just one email saying, thank you. would be fun. just to make my ego feel good
    Unfortunately you would never get that, as it is proof they used your idea, then you could use that against them if you chose to...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Nice mockup. Screen seems a little redundant though.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast