Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 10
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

That seems like a bit of a jump- we know nothing about this controller currently.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

A bit of broken record, but another vision
    http://www.steven-james.com/2012/01/12/949/
    user comments are great too.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    The K2 is not the same IMO. The X2 looks to have the same pads as Maschine and is more for Beatmaking with Cue points or something totally new inside Traktor (Maschine integration or code borrowing of sorts)
    well it looks like a very similar form factor and set of controls. no point in speculating on the quality of the pads yet. im sure most people in the market for something like this would consider the K2 as well as this NI one.

the price could be interesting... it will have to compete with the K2 and its doubtful they'll put a soundcard in it - or maybe they will?

if they add any new features to a special version of traktor for this new controller they'll probably filter down to a future release of normal traktor like the S4 one did anyway - or maybe just put them in the normal traktor from the get go. im sure anything new will be midi mappable so could be used with this or the K2.

or maybe no new features... plenty of uses for that type of K2/X2 controller anyway ofc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Well NI is all about matching the controller layout to the UI, aren't they? I doubt they'd add a blank grid thingy without any new features since it doesn't really match anything in the software currently.

banks/clip for each slot à la Ableton?

Could increase the number of slots per sample deck to 8 and have it control two sample decks. Or to 16 and have it control one in a slightly nicer fashion.

Does anyone use sample decks much?

Maybe it has similar functionality to the midifighter- cues points as well as sample deck control and extra fluff.

Bridge alike it smell

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Some hilarious speculation (as usual) in this thread, but hey thats only natural.

First off, anyone thinking that NI are playing catch up with the K2 are being a little obvious.
    NI have models of controllers made all the time. They have stuff in development way in advance of production.
    It would not surprise me if this has been on someones table (in some form) for ages and ages. In fact it was hinted to me at BPM

As for the claim that NI read this forum and nicked that design. Nope sorry not true.
    There have been plenty of 'near misses' knocked up. Its pretty easy to come with one that eventually looks like one that is produced.
    Some may remember that i mocked up a 4 channel/jog controller nearly a year before the S4 came out that, in the words of NI at the time was "so close to whats coming out its not even funny" ... i know, i know its just a bit of fun claiming that NI owe someone royalties or some credit (im not trying to piss on your bonfire) but i think NI are quite few more steps ahead of the speculation that they are given credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Nice mockup. Screen seems a little redundant though.
    displaying Traktor waveforms, cue point editing, scrolling through tracklists, visual feedback for fx encoder position, etc... lots of possibilities imo.

Karlos, have you seen this new controller in the flesh? Have you tested it? I understand you can't give any details away but im just curious because didn't you also get to test the S4 prior to release?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast