PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Yes!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

I don't etch myself. With previous projects I made the layout and send it out to China to manufacture. That is very cheap and well made.

I've good experiences with http://iteadstudio.com and http://www.makepcb.net

Tech Mentor

No, they don't assemble the PCB's. I do that myself, I'm pretty good at soldering SMD :-)

Here is a PCB I did previously:

Tech Mentor

Well the project you see there is a sound and light controller for RC cars.

What do you mean with total cost ?
    The most expensive part was the panel from Schaeffer at 75 euros. The rest of the parts are cheap.
    Count for the PCB in proto form around 20 euros. Buttons and potentiometers depend on the quality you want.

I have now a bourns fader that feels really smooth and costs 8 euros. Can't mount it right now cause I ordered the wrong button.

For the pitch faders I'll stay with the cheap ones, they are stiffer. I don't like a pitch fader that is too loose. The signal from these cheap faders might not be very good but you can catch this with software. By looping 10 times on the value and saying it has to be 10 times the same you get a stable signal :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    just the price for an assembled pcb
    +1

Tech Mentor

Don't know yet, but it won't be much. I might change the design a little bit.
    Thinkering of adding some output for leds, I don't need them for now but maybe in the future...

if you would make a tut about this project i would bet my money that it's going to be a sticky

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast