PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

That is weird. I expected more feedback on this :-) I'll keep posting updates anyway. I'll be mounting the second jog wheel today wich means the front panel will be finished hooray !

Tech Mentor

Then I need to modify the front panel and I don't want to screw it up :-)
    I'll make the screws from the top plate countersunk so they look better.
    I learned a lot from this build. If I would make another one not many things would change but still, you can always improve.

Really liking this. You should do a tutorial.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Mentor

At the end of the project I'll post my resources. Meanwhile feel free to ask what you want :-)
    Meanwhile I made the holes from the perspex top plate countersunk. 1 done, 1 to go. Not my favorite thing to do as perspex cracks easily under stress :eek:

If you'll make a tut. A link of it would be in my signature for sure!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

Hehe, would be an honour :-)

Meanwhile a pic of the countersunk screws on the jogs. A lot better imo.

Looking goooooooood
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by Skirmitt View Post
    At the end of the project I'll post my resources. Meanwhile feel free to ask what you want :-)
    Meanwhile I made the holes from the perspex top plate countersunk. 1 done, 1 to go. Not my favorite thing to do as perspex cracks easily under stress :eek:
    Ya i got a question

Have ya any resources for coding Midi in C? Have to a project in college next year and it has to involve a bit of coding.

Cheers.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Mentor

Well I use the CCS compiler in combination with a Microchip PIC. It's a very powerful piece of software and it lets you code in pretty standard C. Not that hard to understand. Though the compiler is not that cheap. The cheapest thing would be an Arduino. You can use an Arduino that has lots of I/O pins so you don't have to worry about multiplexing and so on. Otherwise with lesser I/O pins you could use serial shift registers like a 74HC595 and 74HC165.

Sending out midi with the CCS compiler is easy, I made a small function for it.

Code:
    void midiout(int cc_data, int c_num, int c_val){
    putc(cc_data);
    putc(c_num);
    putc(c_val);
    }
    putc(); spits out a byte.
    Last edited by Skirmitt; 11-17-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast