PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skirmitt View Post
    how can you map the cue(play?) button in Traktor so that it plays if I press it and stop if I release it ?
    one solution would be to program the PIC so that the play button outputs a different midi CC when releasing the button (note off).

but it might be easier to do it with the Traktor mappings... not sure how though.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    one solution would be to program the PIC so that the play button outputs a different midi CC when releasing the button (note off).

but it might be easier to do it with the Traktor mappings... not sure how though.
    isn't that the default 'cue' behaviour anyway tho? unless he doesn't want it to jump the the cue point first ofc. alternatively just map "play" in traktor in "hold" mode surely? guess i'm missing something as it's morning and i'm still working from yesterday
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I might be missing something to. Guess I'll have to look close on what is possible with all the options Traktor has. Do you guys have a reference guide for the MIDI controls in Traktor ?

Small thing I did today is wiring the encoder to browse in the file list. Now everything is wired up and works. Now finishing the case and waiting for the Jog wheels and the extensive testing can begin :-) Offcourse I'll post a small video of it in action.

Tech Mentor

Got a mail today to tell me that the jogs will be shipped today
    I expect them to be here at the end of the week. Meanwhile I did some mixing with it and all I can say is wow, this works just the way I want it to.

Also installed the browse encoder and knob. The knob is a solid piece of aluminum. When you turn the knob you browse in the tracklist. When you press the knob you scroll through the map list and load A and B collapse and expand the maps. Easy to work with.

May I ask why you prefer those fader caps over the usual style ones?

You probably not into slamming em etc. Do you play minimal tech or?

Just wondering!

Awesome job at finishing this project....almost!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

I play tech, deep and mnml indeed. A more relax mixing style is what I handle. I've chosen those knobs cause I'm used to a http://www.rodec.com/productdetails.php?code=14 mixer and I like this one very much. I play almost 15 years now with this flavor of knobs.
    You can "throw" with these if you need to.

Tech Mentor

I checked how many ticks I now have per rotation of the jogs. I have now 512 ticks. Pretty good for a DIY solution imho and more than enough for my purposes. A shame that a lot of commercial devices don't say how many ticks they offer.

i suspect that will be plenty just checked my icon idj and it has exactly 80 ticks per rotation. not all that many but the jogs are also pretty small. the jogs on that are actually very nice to use.

i guess there must be some optimal number of ticks relative to the platter size, rather than just the bigger the number the better. also i suspect how fast the controller processes and ends out the data will be at least as important. can't get my old hercules mk2 to work at the moment, but i suspect the number of ticks there isn't much different to my idj but the jogs feel very sluggish when u use them in comparison.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

While waiting for the jogs I dreamed about an improved version:
    http://mylantec.be/upload/pm2_pre.pdf

Tech Mentor

Jog pieces are in. Had to adjust the holes a bit but now everything is fine. Gave them a quick black spray for now. It consists of 3 pieces as you see. I wanted it to be a bit lower but I can't do that with these encoders so it will stay like this. At the end of the project I'll give them an extra shot of paint.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast