PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

We'll see about that when the PCB's arrive and the tests are done

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Skirmitt View Post
    We'll see about that when the PCB's arrive and the tests are done
    Well i'm subscribed to the thread now, can't wait to see the outcome .

Tech Mentor

And to give an idea of the dimensions. The pcb is 100 * 65 mm, a lot smaller than my protoboard.

Tech Mentor

Hi,

A pretty nice project update this time. The PCB's have arrived and they look very nice. It always gives me a good feeling seeing the naked PCB manufactured after hours of drawing it. The images are blurry I know, better ones will be posted but it gives you an idea. Testing everything will be something for next week. First the complete PCB will be mounted inside the PICMIX and later on in the midi fighter clone. Perhaps after that I'll do an EFX unit.

Attached Images Attached Images

this is sick!

so much cleaner then my re-wired gamepad...

Tech Mentor

While testing the board for HW bugs (which I haven't found yet) I thought why not implementing VU meters from Traktor. In the past I failed to process to bunch of midi data but a simple but effective routine I succeeded. The video below doesn't follow the sound you hear. What you see is the stream of deck A on the left and deck B on the right. Perhaps a master VU meter would be possible, I'll give that a shot next week. If all of this still works great with all the inputs processed fast enough I might design another front panel.

The VU meters have no delay, other youtube users seem to struggle with it. Only problem I encountered is that while traktor applies autogain the deck VU meters hit the top a lot so not that attractive when you send them to leds. I would be nicer if I could make the autogain a bit more silent. Hard to explain but I think most of the users know what I mean.

nice work!

could you program the PIC to manipulate the midi data so that the LED's aren't always 'at the top'?

and have you thought about using a 2x16 LCD instead? (see my sig below - ulimate VU meter)

Tech Mentor

An lcd generates too much delay in my program. I can manipulate the data sure. I'll figure out a way to make it right.
    Next will be implementing the complete PCB in the picmix.

Any news on releasing the boards ? very keen to start building,
    thanks.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Mentor

Still testing, it takes a lot of spare time. So far i'm at 50% of testing the PCB. Lots of other work makes it harder to work on this project.