Keyboard as midifighter?

Default Keyboard as midifighter?

Yes, i know that this has been asked before, and it seems that someone has got pretty close to it (But it doesn't work with TP2)

Anyway.
    LEFT DECK
    qwer
    asdf
    zxcv

RIGHT DECK
    uiop
    jkl;
    m,./

Now i'm not to knowledged in the different mappings for the midifighter - But i just need more effect buttons so i can pull of some fun stuff, and this seems like a relatively easy enough way of doing it.

Is it just as easy as using bomes or glove pie to convert the letters into the midi for the respective midifighter button?

But how can i make it so the left side controls the left deck, and the rightside controls the right deck individually?

Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Guru

in traktor you can assign what effect unit is effecting which deck so just do that, either that or you can have it so when you press the key it automatically assigns the effect unit you want to control to the deck you want it to (ex: you press "1" and it automatically routes the effect to deck A)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    Now i'm not to knowledged in the different mappings for the midifighter - But i just need more effect buttons so i can pull of some fun stuff, and this seems like a relatively easy enough way of doing it.
    might be simpler just to try and come up with a creative mapping using your keyboard in traktor?

if u want to use actual midi fighter tsi's then first thing is to work out which. the instant grat uses the midi fighter in 4banks mode, where the top row selects the bank/deck. so you'd actually only need to a 4x3 grid for each deck on your keyboard. i would use glovepie and send to a virtual midi port created using loopMIDI.

the deckalized mapping uses the midifighter in normal mode and u need one full midi fighter per deck. so you'd need a 4x4 grid on your keyboard per deck and also 2 virtual midi ports. i've never tried to use glovepie to send to any more than a single midi out port but i presume it's possible...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

the problem with using a qwerty keyboard as a midifighter is the way that keyboards do their matrixes... you might have a problem when you try to press more than 2 keys down at once.

also, a usb numpad would probably make more sense, rather than a full qwerty keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    the problem with using a qwerty keyboard as a midifighter is the way that keyboards do their matrixes... you might have a problem when you try to press more than 2 keys down at once.

also, a usb numpad would probably make more sense, rather than a full qwerty keyboard.
    Yeah true. I remember learning about that in computing a few years ago :P

I mean just my laptop keyboard. Its not like im getting a complete external keyboard for effects :P

I think im just going to stick with my nanopad....
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Guru

I actually tried and it works, but definitely stick with the nanopad