Steinberg controllers! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    I guess the build quality is up on the behringer ones, but I haven't seen them yet so I don't rightly know.
    A Rolls Royce with diamond and gold accents is worth nothing if the engine is the same 4 banger found in a ford fiesta.

Tech Guru

Re: Behringer, I'll consider eating my hat in 3-5 years. I have faith in Nem0nic for knowing what he's doing from his side, but I just don't trust it yet.
    And you have no reason to trust it yet. That said, I also think that you just might - maybe just a little - have extremely limited experience with Behringer gear. Of course that's all it takes to form an opinion.

When the time comes, can I pick the hat?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Steinberg vs. Behringer.

gee…let me think.
    for hardware? I'd honestly rather go for Behringer.

Steinberg have a horrible reputation for releasing hardware and then dropping support for it within a year or 2.

/clutches my useless midex3

I think this series of behringer controllers is purely to raise capital, the next series after cmd may have the potential to become something very special if enough of these sell, but I doubt that will be a problem based on price and modularity, time will tell what the units feel like though, Are they still being released around march/april it was sometime around then that was posted on the scratchworx blog
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I knew it was one of the "M" months, just got mixed up lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I think this series of behringer controllers is purely to raise capital, the next series after cmd may have the potential to become something very special if enough of these sell, but I doubt that will be a problem based on price and modularity, time will tell what the units feel like though, Are they still being released around march/april it was sometime around then that was posted on the scratchworx blog
    All product releases exist to raise capital. NO ONE releases a product without intending to profit from it. That said, we DO have plans to expand our offerings in the future. Any MI company that isn't working on controllers now is going to fail in the future.

Release date for CMD has always been summer 2012. That's it. Nothing more specific.

My point was behringer had never created anything until the ddm4000, now you are using Initiative and actually designing equipment not blantly ripping off pioneer and allen & heath products like the NOX series and most things before them. Of coarse the idea is to make money, the difference is you are going into it with your eyes open... In the past it seemed like behringer's only concern was to keep it's factories running making little profit off terrible cheap products. Now you are getting ready to be contenders and that's great to see.

My prediction for 2012, everyone will switch to behringer controllers running vdj8, hell will freeze over

Tech Guru

Well I appreciate that! I hope to see that as well!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

My point was behringer had never created anything until the ddm4000,
    Ummm ... BCR2000 / BCF2000 / BCD2000/3000 ? ...

On another note are the encoders of the new units going to be bolted to the front panel like the X1 or just soldered to the board like the BCR

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast