is it me? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: is it me?

I haven't seen a proper angry Serato vs. Traktor thread in quite a while. That's promising. However, there has been a bit of a slew of 'beatmatching vs sync' and similar threads, or threads that have gone OT and headed that way. It's always the same thing being said over and over again and doesn't really serve a purpose.

I've been guilty of a little derailing at times, but a lot of it is pretty childish and unhelpful. In the end I just want everyone to stay friends
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

When a forum gains in popularity it, unfortunately brings the morans along with it.
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Tech Guru

A few things I think need to change... But firstly ill appologise personally for my foul language on the forum, I dont mean for anyone to take it personally its just how I talk without realising, coming from Ireland means lots of swearwords and I never mean it offensively.

Back to main topic things I think we need to stop, ot pictures - they are a waste of time and this isnt exactly a social network, it is a help forum, if you guys wanna do that with each other.. Add one another on facebook.

Secondly like ive said before we should try and get a proper beginner section that people cant get access to main forums untill a certain (no spam) post count, because I know myself and im sure many others will be more then helpfull to answer questions for people in there.

Mac v pc thread means instabann
    Along with sync v "real dj"
    And i would add serato v traktor but usually that is a more review type question... Not so much a fight.

Why cant everyone just get along
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I haven't seen a proper angry Serato vs. Traktor thread in quite a while. That's promising. However, there has been a bit of a slew of 'beatmatching vs sync' and similar threads, or threads that have gone OT and headed that way. It's always the same thing being said over and over again and doesn't really serve a purpose.

I've been guilty of a little derailing at times, but a lot of it is pretty childish and unhelpful. In the end I just want everyone to stay friends
    OT congrats on the 5k
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Default my $0.02

I have noticed this trend as well. I started spending quite a bit of time reading the posts here a few months ago when i was just starting out, and the atmosphere was definitely different. there were a lot less OT posts, and more help with things. It has seemed to me that the addage "don't feed the trolls" doesn't really apply here anymore. if someone posts something stupid, everyone runs with it, and keeps the thread going, adding to the fire.

I'm not judging here, or accusing, but rather i pose a suggestion. The "general DJing" thread is mostly OT. lets have an OT forum. As for the noob forum, I think its a good idea, I read a lot on the beginner forums on other sites, and while some of it is the same old "i have $200, what setup should i get," you can ignore these posts. much of the time, it seems that someone is in need of help NOW, and is frustrated because the audio keeps cutting out and they cant find a suitable answer.

Sorry for the rant, but I was just talking about this topic a couple days ago. Thanks for reading guys, and I LOVE DJTT. you guys have helped me out more than you know. Keep it up

And no more complaining of the commercialization of DJTT, we all gotta make money to keep things running.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

How about introducing some kind of reputation system on a per user basis thats stored alongside all the rest of your user stuff in the backend database? The forum can then police itself to an extent and you get quick feedback on who the potential trouble makers are.
    +1 on this idea, perhaps a "Great Answer" and "Being an Ass" button on posts - at least its a benchmark to red flag continuing offensive posters.

Locking out certain forums based on rep is probably not the answer as it does happen that respected Jocks, Producers, developers and Company Reps sign up to clarify points on hard or software being asked about.

On another note I'd feel that breaking down things further would be a much better way of keeping the crap at least in one place and make it easier to search and for the new folks to find what they are looking for.

Start Here
    - Beginners Questions
    - What Controller (as it comes up so much)
    - FAQ's
    - Moving from Analogue to Computer DJing

Operating systems
    - Mac
    - PC
    - Linux (psssssshhhhhhh hear the wind )

Software
    - Itch / Serato
    - Traktor
    - VDJ
    - Ableton
    - Others

Hardware
    - General Questions
    - Vestax
    - S4
    - Twitch
    - APC
    - Hercules
    - Other Controllers

Production
    Mappings

Just thoughts but you get the idea.

Tech Convert

Here,here bro. Wait, I'm a noob here...

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    OT congrats on the 5k
    Thanks man

oooops of all threads let's not derail this one!

*shuffles back into line*
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I seriously think it's time for an OT subforum so that this 'general discussion' forum can be policed/moderated more heavily. If any threads take a turn for the worse on here, move them across to the OT subforum so they don't distract from the discussions on here.

This subforum is getting really crowded - you know it's time for an off topic discussion forum when literally half the threads have titles like "OT - Have you tried making love to fruit before? just curious..."

:eek:

i agree with ed,where is the love?

i have stopped posting as much due to the fact people are idiots posting the same crap over and over,and its just taking the shine of the family feel of the forum so many people have left over the past 6 months due to the influx of people taking and not giving back.

I don't want to give up on djtt forum i have been here since pretty much the start and love this place just hope we get over this period,and more people start giving back.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast