Im 16 i have £500 i want a good traktor/ableton setup and soundcard - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    please do not feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    OP: I agree with a lot of the others on here - chill out.

Same goes for a lot of the allegedly older wiser heads on here (stifffy I'm looking at you amongst others here chap) - don't react like dicks, you're just lowering yourself. Admittedly, the OP hasn't exactly done a lot to endear himself to people but, he's a young'un, don't try and make out that you weren't an PITA on the odd occasion when you were that age ...

OK, for £500 I'm assuming you have a laptop & Ableton already? else that's your budget gone right there ...

I'd probably go with an NI Audio 2 for both Ableton and DJing software - try either Virtual DJ or MIXX to start off with I reckon as one is bundled with the Typhoon and the other is free.

Whatever headphones you've got will be fine to start with, and I'd probalby go for an Oxygen 8 for controlling Ableton.
    Thank you for posting this. I expect this from a 16 year old, not from grown ass men. It makes me feel fucking pathetic for you guys whenever i see threads go like this when the original poster tells you he's a kid.

Extremely pathetic.

Tech Guru

Woah buddy seriously if you want help don't be an ass. I gave some advice and yes some people are giving your attitude back to you but just chill and be thankful that we all have a place like this where we can all help each other.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

You want to control traktor via tt's? If so you'll loose propably the half of your money on the tsp upgrade as well on the audio card which has to be a audio 4/6/8/10. If you also don't have ableton, you should start thinking about what you really need at first. A copy of ableton alone is more than you have right now and a torrent shouldn't be an option.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms
    OP: I agree with a lot of the others on here - chill out.

Same goes for a lot of the allegedly older wiser heads on here (stifffy I'm looking at you amongst others here chap) - don't react like dicks, you're just lowering yourself. Admittedly, the OP hasn't exactly done a lot to endear himself to people but, he's a young'un, don't try and make out that you weren't an PITA on the odd occasion when you were that age ...

OK, for £500 I'm assuming you have a laptop & Ableton already? else that's your budget gone right there ...

I'd probably go with an NI Audio 2 for both Ableton and DJing software - try either Virtual DJ or MIXX to start off with I reckon as one is bundled with the Typhoon and the other is free.

Whatever headphones you've got will be fine to start with, and I'd probalby go for an Oxygen 8 for controlling Ableton.

Haha if people are going to dish out shit im going to dish it back... I simply started with "there are billions of threads on this" and then a few dots like so ..... then the op,
    regardless of age wrote an abusive comment directed at a fellow member....

When on a site where we strive off helping one another, it is rather offensive to insult those you are asking help from.

I dont honestly give a shit about age as that shouldnt be an excuse but vulgar language should not have been used here... that is for the streets or actual social networks.

We are here to help people and to seek help, now I know after a while I made the situation worse but I dont feel I should be narrowed out until an appology is put in place and we can all make a fresh start to be fair.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

Ok, If I was 16 and asking your question..

I would buy a Focusrite USB 6 and a Faderfox FT3, TOTAL = £350

With the other £150 I would go and get a Brass...

That is all

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Tech Mentor

oh goly gum drops you deffinetly came to this site with the wrong attitude, you want respect you have to give it. Im about your age (17) and if i can be respectful so can you. people on here are great until you act the way you did. next time be appreciative of what people are doing for you even though they may give you an answer you didnt want to hear.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by jessemanaton View Post
    ive got pioneer hdj 1000s oxydgen 25 gr gen nano kontrol behringer vmx 300 2 numark tt100s and i wanna control trakor separately
    Sounds like you have a decent starting kit. I'd look into a couple different things really.

First, do you really need Ableton at the moment? It's a completely different animal than any other program out there for "djing" in my opinion, and that's worth checking out. I'd download the demo and give it a run for a bit before you decide to bite the bullet and buy it.

If you want Traktor? Then get Traktor Scratch Pro. Comes with the Audio 10 soundcard, and you'll be set. Your TT100's will give you some more life (I have a buddy who swears by them) and you'll have a lot of control WITH the additional controllers that you already have. Also, you can use the Audio 10 if you want to purchase Ableton in the future.

There is something to be said for "too much, too soon" and it's amazing looking at all the shit that's out there, but pace yourself. Stepping up to a DVS is going to be a learning experience on it's own.

Another option would be potentially buying Ableton, and getting Traktor Scratch Duo. I think that would fit in your budget, but the Audio 6 isn't as good a soundcard as the Audio 10, but probably will cover what you would need out of it.

It's a lot of stuff to consider. And like other people said before, this generally is a really helpful forum. No one cares what age you are, but everyone expects you to come in with a mature attitude and an open mind. Fixing that is going to be the most important thing along any path in life you choose, nevermind any gear you buy...
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

+1 on traktor scratch pro 2 and its 499 on htfr.com , with the stuff you already have itll compliment your setup perfect, contains an amazing sound card and dj software which if needed help with the community here are always more then helpful, (look how im being the bigger man people )
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

so... who added the troll tag to the thread? OP or someone else?

why can't we all just get along....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast