Does anyone else remember NI blaming Windows for LED pops/glitches? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

end of the day you're pissing into the wind and complaining about something that just isn't worth complaining about.

to carry on your analogy; after taking it back to the garage and getting it fixed would cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee about it?

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

*Rolling....*
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    What would be good support then?

Them killing MS?
    isn't that apple's customer support?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

So wait a second, we're blaming Windows for the LED problems? People actually believe that?

Let's get the picture clear for a minute. Native Instruments design software for Windows and Mac. I don't know the sales figures, but I'm betting a large proportion of their sales come from Windows users (yes, 'professional' djs use Apple products, but a LOT of bedroom dj's use Windows).

So therefore, it's up to NI to design software that works properly on Windows, regardless of any flaws. They've clearly been able to work around them in TP2 without any patches from MS, so it's clear to me who's fault this is.

And to anyone who says that this is due to users hacking their midi controllers to do something that NI didn't intend. Am I reading this right? Are we saying that causing midi LED's to light up is a 'hack'? I can understand that their might be a risk of overloading the midi protocol with too much data, but then this would affect Mac users as well.

Anyway, this thread is borderline Mac vs Windows so I'll leave it for now. Without getting too personal though, why is it that some people are so blindly supporting of a company that has infamously poor customer service and of a company that has proven their own nonsense statements as being incorrect?

the 'bug' probably wasn't an issue til we all started trying to push it too far... so would be fine in testing and normal circumstances.

run a vci on windows in TP1 using standard map and it'll be fine, run using the se map and the led data clogs it up

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    Let's get the picture clear for a minute. Native Instruments design software for Windows and Mac. I don't know the sales figures, but I'm betting a large proportion of their sales come from Windows users (yes, 'professional' djs use Apple products, but a LOT of bedroom dj's use Windows).

So therefore, it's up to NI to design software that works properly on Windows, regardless of any flaws. They've clearly been able to work around them in TP2 without any patches from MS, so it's clear to me who's fault this is.
    The NI software did work properly on Windows under normal to fairly demanding circumstances.

All NI have done is split the audio/midi into separate paths in TP2 so Windows can handle it better under a demanding mapping. This is to acknowledge the bedroom users using Windows to allow them to use the product without hitting any Windows limitations of being unable to process the midi in/outs simultaneously. They did not have to do this, but did so as a workaround to Windows' flaws when the software and controller were used under a demanding mapping which Windows could not handle/process quick enough.

The arguement that it's NI's fault is like someone trying to overclock a CPU and goes too far and then tries to blame Intel when that CPU locks up and gets fried.

And to anyone who says that this is due to users hacking their midi controllers to do something that NI didn't intend. Am I reading this right? Are we saying that causing midi LED's to light up is a 'hack'? I can understand that their might be a risk of overloading the midi protocol with too much data, but then this would affect Mac users as well.
    Nobody said hack. I said demanding modifications, meaning a very demanding custom mapping.

Anyway, this thread is borderline Mac vs Windows so I'll leave it for now. Without getting too personal though, why is it that some people are so blindly supporting of a company that has infamously poor customer service and of a company that has proven their own nonsense statements as being incorrect?
    Can I just say that I am not pro-Mac, and don't actually have a Mac so can 100% say I'm not blindly supporting them. I have a Windows 7 laptop and a custom built PC with OSX installed on it for better music production performance. I'm not pro/anti one or the other, just horses for courses.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

The fact of the matter is that windows can handle it. NI proved it with Tpro2.
    I think everyone can agree NI customer support sucks. NI has great products, but they seem to put out unfinished products. They still have issues with some fx in tpro2 that were messed up from the beginning in tpro. People are still having issues with their soundcards on their new drivers. I don't know if they're programmers arent good or they are pushed to just put out new products only.
    Let's stop defending some of this nonsense. I own a bunch of NI stuff and on a whole I like they're stuff. I'll be the first to tell someone to get Traktor, but I'm obviuosly not in love with every aspect of some of their products, and the biggest turn off is the way they've handled good paying customers over the years. I mean it's ok to be a NI fan, but lets not look past some of the flaws, and lets demand more for the many that paid good money for their product and thru no fault of their own are experiencing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    NI has great products, but they seem to put out unfinished products.
    cos no one else does that...

MS (for balance) put out WP7 with no copy/paste, dodgy load times/speeds and general instability and that wasn't fixed til early april, after coming out in october.
    and now there's the big update, 'mango', coming in Q3 this year which adds all the cool stuff that current build doesn't have, e.g, decent web browser, better organisation of contacts and an ability to switch between apps and actually multi task.

SoundCloud

Windows and Mac's handle MIDI differently.
    The way the software sent MIDI meant that in extreme circumstances Mac could handle and Window's could not.
    The problem was identified quite some time ago.
    The problem has been fixed.

Jack Bastard - talking about 'cognitive dissonance' is all very well and good but if you will please be a good boy and convince yourself:

All that time YOU PERSONALLY spent troubleshooting and on the line to tech support has resulted in the problem being fixed.

Therefore you are a hero, the time wasn't wasted and you can walk around looking smug for a minute.

Gotta love cognitive dissonance
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 06-02-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

@manchild - I agree with some of your sentiments - I think communication from NI can be erratic. They have employed a community manager so I hope this will improve.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

To add to this debate I'm having glitch problems with my modded midifighter tp2 and windows 7.Haven't had time to figure out why so I just disabled the outputs and it works fine.I'm gonna test it on my desktop when I get time
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast