Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    2x Tonetable and Midi-Touch:

That is crazy shit Hedge! :eek:

Videos please, or didn't happen!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    MIDI Touch and TouchOSC both the basically the same thing, but in slightly different ways. I personally like the ability of generating and tweaking the layout on the iPad itself, which is allowed in MIDI Touch (TouchOSC requires a separate program).
    And MIDI Touch need perfect data or osculator?

To a person who is starting to map his own interface now (I'm using Touch OSC but did not mapped anything yet because the maps from Maurice Norris are fucking great ), do you recommend use MIDI Touch?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Yup I recommend it over TouchOSC. It's simple, easy to edit, powerful and also the only app I know which features multitouch-functions (e.g. the X-Y-meter can also control a third Z-value if you slide on it with two fingers).

Can't do a video in the next weeks, sorry.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I bought an iPad 1 off a girl in the street last week (don't ask!) - paid £200 for it... 3g version too

at first I thought I'd sell it straight away, but I absolutely love it now... it's basically replaced my laptop for home internet browsing. I picked up the VGA cable for it and it makes a really sweet xbmc client. It's also great as a Windows Media Center / xbmc remote control.

And that's not even mentioning the midi stuff... love it!

Tech Guru

And MIDI Touch need perfect data or osculator?
    Not to convert the data, because it's already MIDI. If you go wireless, however, you'll need an app to act as a virtual MIDI device and handle messaging to the iPad. That said, I now use the camera connection kit and an M-Audio Uno and go hardwired with my MIDI. See,s to work really well, and no wireless needed.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Not to convert the data, because it's already MIDI. If you go wireless, however, you'll need an app to act as a virtual MIDI device and handle messaging to the iPad. That said, I now use the camera connection kit and an M-Audio Uno and go hardwired with my MIDI. See,s to work really well, and no wireless needed.
    Nice nem0, I should give it a try as I recently bought a cam con kit...

You need to have a jailbroken ipad to use it like you mentioned?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Yup I recommend it over TouchOSC. It's simple, easy to edit, powerful and also the only app I know which features multitouch-functions (e.g. the X-Y-meter can also control a third Z-value if you slide on it with two fingers).

Can't do a video in the next weeks, sorry.
    Hey Hedge, I'm interested to know exactally how do you connect all your iPads to your computer, can you explain please (softwares, cables, interfaces used)?

I need it because I'm getting a lot of packet loss using TouchOSC over ad-hoc wifi

And I plan to buy a second iPad 1 (16gb wifi) for a second deck control if I can handle these issues...

Tech Guru

To use the camera connection lit and the Uno. No jailbreak needed at all.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Hey Hedge, I'm interested to know exactally how do you connect all your iPads to your computer, can you explain please (softwares, cables, interfaces used)?

I need it because I'm getting a lot of packet loss using TouchOSC over ad-hoc wifi

And I plan to buy a second iPad 1 (16gb wifi) for a second deck control if I can handle these issues...
    I had both instances of Tonetable hooked to a Audio 6 DJ. I connected MidiTouch (mixer) to the PC via camera connection kit. WiFi works too but AdHoc can be a bitch on Windows at times (works marvellous with OSX).

Do you like the 'feeling' of scratching on the iPad?

Also give Algoriddim Djay a try. Its pretty nice.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Guru

Never tried scratching because I'm not a scratch DJ at all

But I'm really liking using Touch OSC, I don't know if I will change to MidiTouch soon.

I would like to see an Accelerometer feature soon, like the "DJ Player" app , have you tried it alredy?

Algoriddim is perfect for standard mixing, it's good to show to your non-DJ friend how do you mix two songs too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast