headphones - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: headphones

p.s. coldfuzion.... the krk 8's plus 10's fucking bump!!!!!

i used to own a pair of hd-25's awesome sound reproduction, and the best thing is every part is available if something breaks and they are user replaceable.

i compared them sound wise side-by-side to the TMA-1's recently. I found the hd25's sounding more flat across the range which is good for using with production as well as djing.... while the TMA-1's have slightly more bass response which would be good for general listening as well as dj'ing. comfort wise they are pretty much on par. both will feel a bit tight at first but should loosen up after a few weeks use.

if i was in the market for a new pair i wouldn't hesitate getting either set.. and would not be disappointed with the purchase of either (if you are someone that suffers from 'buyer's remorse')

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    When looking at the price range, I know you didn't ask for this one, but i'm going to throw in one more contender. The HDJ2000s. That's what i'm saving up for to be honest. I haven't used any others on the list except the TMA's and I thought those were awesome, however I love the HDJ look much more and am more then willing to pay the $50 more to pick those up instead.
    X2 on that mate!

I have the HDJ's and absolutely love them.

I was in the same position recently and couldn't decide between the TMA's or the Senns's. The I came across the HDj's which were on a promotion and I got them instead. Lets just say I don't regret my decision at all.

If I had to choose though besides the HDJ's I think I would go for the TMA's. They look awesome, sound fantastic and look solid as hell. Just my 2'c.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I had a pair of HDJ2000's and they broke 5 times, to the point where I couldn't zip tie, glue, or jury rig them together anymore. *shrug* That was over the course of 6 months. Granted, I'm a little abusive to my headphones and there are just too many moving parts.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Honestly, i tried the TMA's and didnt really like them. Maybe im just not used to that style, but i sometimes found it dificult to hear what what going on clearly in a loud room.

I recently bought the Denon HP700's, mainly b/c i have always loved Denon products, read a good review, and thought they looked sweet (they do). The sound quality is good, but not the best ive used and, unfortuntately, they are a little too big for my head, even on the smallest setting

I will most likely have to send them back. with the above in mind, would the sennheiser's fit the bill? any others?

Just to make 1 thing clear.... Tiesto uses HDJ-500s.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Just to make 1 thing clear.... Tiesto uses HDJ-500s.
    Guess I'm selling my 2000s then

so, would it be safe to say tiesto uses 500's because they work just as good...? if i plan to use my headphones for production as well would the 2000's be the choice, or the hd-25's?

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    so, would it be safe to say tiesto uses 500's because they work just as good...? if i plan to use my headphones for production as well would the 2000's be the choice, or the hd-25's?
    The thing you have to keep in mind is that those are two completely different ball games. DJing and Production are completely different. I've been trying to DJ with my production head phones (AKG K702s) and it's do-able but it's a pain in the ass because it's hard to hear the music that's cue'd up. Especially if the speakers or speaker is right next to you.

Padi uses his 2000s for production sometimes I believe, so i'd wait on his response for that, however if you mainly DJ i'd pick up regular DJing head phones first.

As Tekki said, Tiesto uses 500s, but I believe that's because the red one's are "Tiesto" version of the 500s or something of the sort.

Glad you like the Rokits !

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    Tiesto uses them because Pio is paying him, like Stanton did before. 25's would be better for studio use, 2000s are incorrectly marketed as dual use when they are clearly not (they don't have a flat response).

I do use my Pios to produce/remix but I don't do the final mixdown/mastering with them.

PS: The white ones are Tij's
    Last edited by padi_04; 04-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast