Traktor Slicer Idea - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I'm having a fiddle with it Remote, but I'm not getting any results? Do you mean but the 1 bar jump and 2 bar jump on the same button, but put the 2 bar on one modifier up, and have the button also increase the modifier?

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    This is correct I tried to build a clone of it the other night and I got as far as functioning jump and loop. But traktor only supports 1 2 4 8 16 32 jumps so you can't jump to 3 5 6 7.
    Which would be fine if you can stack the jumps but you can't, if you bind a 1 jump and 2 jump to the same button it will only jump 1 beat instead of the hoped 3 beatjump.
    this might be possible using some intermediary software such as Bomes, Glovepie or Autohotkey.

For example, I've written scripts in AHK that will process a series of midi commands quickly in succession simply by inputting one midi CC note.

If you can explain exactly what you need Traktor to do, in midi terms, then I'll see if I can write something in AHK that will achieve this.

Tech Guru

Oh shit, I didn't even think about using an external program!

Upon further study of the Twitcher's slicer, It's become apparent that it's actually like 8 portable hot cues. I've basically got every feature set up except the fact that it doesn't carry on playing from where the end of the sample plays, see the way I have it arranged is that when a sample plays, it puts the x-fader towards the deck not in focus, therefore muting the deck until the sample button is released.

so what do you need the external program to do, midi-wise?

with ahk it's possible for it to scan Traktor for visual changes. For example, when it 'sees' that the x-fader is in a certain position, you could make AHK trigger further midi events. In this way it's possible to create midi event functions that are extremely customisable.

let me know what you need it to do - would be an interesting challenge

ps - also AHK allows you to export the program as a self contained midi executable (windows only) so you don't need to run any weird programs at the same time (except for a virtual midi port).

Tech Guru

If it could read where the beat marker is in respect to the loop, that would be ideal, but I'm assumign it takes set values, not relative values yeah? Ideally, I need to be able to change what commands are sent depending on the position of the loop.

Tech Mentor

I've got the night off tonight (YAYAAA) So I'll do a write up. I've got a full solution for it now using the sampler to complete it.

You guys seem to have the time to put into making this work, so I'll rough up a prototype that works and someone else can fill it out (dupe controls to get all the ranges etc.)

nice, lets see what this end up like... pretty hyped!!!

Tech Mentor

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Will work. I was thinking you could set the loop recorder when you activate the slicer then have it set to 0 when your pressing a button (in a loop) and 100% when you release the button.

BUT this wouldn't have the loop recorder jump to the same point so you could get quite a choppy job. The other thing would be to put the loop in the sample slot, then try jumping it as well.

Or maybe instead of the main all together just use a sample bank... need to run some more tests (which I didn't tonight, I just slacked off on the couch).

Tech Guru

Nice work, I'm makign headway with this sampler set up, there's just a lot of glitches and streamlining that need to be done. Expect a video soon! (If I can find something to record it with)

Tech Guru

Well, I'm proper stuck on this one, but I'm going to make a video soon showing what I have set up, and I'll upload the mapping as well. (It's on a Launchpad using Katapult)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast