Trigger Finger: Mod possibility?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Trigger Finger: Mod possibility?

So, I was looking at the "Trigger Finger" and thought it'd be dope to re-arrange it to my own liking and put it in a new casing etc. But FIRST, I wanna know its possible or is everything all on one board? So does anyone here have one and opened it up by any chance? Any ideas, does anyone know? I was also looking in to getting an "X-Session Pro" and arranging the two together to make a sick ass controller, but I've read that its all on one board and a pain in the ass to mod. But as far as the "Trigger Finger" what are your thoughts?

Heres a rough idea of what I'd wanna do.
    Still unsure about what I should do about cross fading, any thoughts?
    Last edited by -AyeAreTee; 03-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Tech Mentor

anyone?
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e

I would turn the filter into a gain knob

It might be possible to mod it like that, but I doubt it.

If they built it the way I think they did, the pads are all on one big PCB. That will make it impossible to split them up the way you drew.
    It's entirely possible to craft that controller from scratch, though
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

a diy one would be create less hassle but u wuld lose button sensitivity unless u get sensor pads seperately, even on that.

you wont be able to split the pads, like safefire wrote they are all on one big pcb, if you are lucky maybe you can change the configuration of the fader knobs and buttons, but its gonna be tricky.
    easiest solution would be to create it from scratch, diy style with some game controllers for example.
    but dont take my words for it, grabe a screw driver and some patience and take it apart carefully, those types of midi controllers arent really complicated on the inside, probably hard to fuck it up unless you go at it with a hammer
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    you wont be able to split the pads, like safefire wrote they are all on one big pcb, if you are lucky maybe you can change the configuration of the fader knobs and buttons, but its gonna be tricky.
    easiest solution would be to create it from scratch, diy style with some game controllers for example.
    but dont take my words for it, grabe a screw driver and some patience and take it apart carefully, those types of midi controllers arent really complicated on the inside, probably hard to fuck it up unless you go at it with a hammer
    a oneapemob reply is a rare and precious thing. OP, you should feel honoured
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

To be real honest, I don't even know where to start with a DIY project. I see all that stuff people make on here and it's a little discouraging at times cause I'm like "wtf, I would never be able to do anything like that!" I have no knowledge of anything REAL technical. So I'm like hella scared to even try. :/

keep your eyes peeled AyeAreTee - I've got something in the (distant) pipeline that will suit people exactly like yourself

my aim is to source the right components, code and wiring so that almost anyone can make a DIY controller with minimal technical know-how.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    keep your eyes peeled AyeAreTee - I've got something in the (distant) pipeline that will suit people exactly like yourself

my aim is to source the right components, code and wiring so that almost anyone can make a DIY controller with minimal technical know-how.
    Sounds good man, can't wait ha ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast