Breakfast Of Champions! (Q-Bert, Rafik, and Shiftee NI Video) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Just ordered one, i'm stoked for this, I only have a couple of scratch records, so this is really the best of both worlds.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    somehow I get the feeling this is gonna turn into an SSL vs. Traktor thread.... just the way the forum wind has been blowing lately I guess.
    There has been no mention of Traktor vs Serato in this thread until now.

Lets not start it now.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    There has been no mention of Traktor vs Serato in this thread until now.

Lets not start it now.
    Too late the urge to debate is taking over, 1Khz vs 2Khz, 2 decks vs 4 decks, midi mapping I hate Serato :eek:,

Just kidding i'm indifferent to what anyone uses. A friend of mine hit me with some hard knowledge: "No one asks famous authors what kind of pen they used to write their best work" that principle applies to the technology of today.

I would love to pick up a set of hybrid timecodes, but $60 is way too high!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Don't get me wrong Karlos... anytime "The Q" or NI have a new video, I'm all over it... and to see Q in an NI vid is like Christmas morning!!

The reason spokespersons like this are awesome, is because they bring a high level of talent to seemingly simple equipment. I compare this to inviting a concert pianist to my home to play on my piano.... might never parallel the skill, but at least I know I have the tools.

I've watched vids of Q and afterwards find myself staring at my turntable like... "whoa...the 1200 ain't no joke!"

My previous comment was motivated by the response to the last time Q was in a vid with Traktor... it was his impromptu review of Traktor vs. SSL.

Can you shed any light as to whether or not we can expect a polished NI video featuring Qbert? (you know... the media ones with the spinning logo in the beginning and the "wooga wooga" hahahaha!)
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 03-08-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Don't get me wrong Karlos... anytime "The Q" or NI have a new video, I'm all over it... and to see Q in an NI vid is like Christmas morning!!

The reason spokespersons like this are awesome, is because they bring a high level of talent to seemingly simple equipment. I compare this to inviting a concert pianist to my home to play on my piano.... might never parallel the skill, but at least I know I have the tools.

I've watched vids of Q and afterwards find myself staring at my turntable like... "whoa...the 1200 ain't no joke!"

My previous comment was motivated by the response to the last time Q was in a vid with Traktor... it was his impromptu review of Traktor vs. SSL.

Can you shed any light as to whether or not we can expect a polished NI video featuring Qbert? (you know... the media ones with the spinning logo in the beginning and the "wooga wooga" hahahaha!)
    This is an interesting point, really. It seems like instead of Q working fully for NI it will be a slightly "joined" combination. As you see in the video, at the end, before the NI sign pops up it shows the link to Qberts site for his time code. Maybe it'll be more and more like that. I believe Q-bert is an amazing asset to have - and NI thinks the same way (I Hope :P).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHombre View Post
    yeah im so mad I switch to another DVS software and keep TSP for home use and to help on djtt
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

super seal in the house!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Comments about this video lacking polish are fair, apparently this was supposed to be a case of formulating a badass three way routine and then doing takes until it was perfect, also using more popular songs, but Qbert was like fuck that and they just composed the video from footage of them jamming.

IMO that makes it way more interesting.

I have two test pressings of the hybrid - in black

Switch back to TSP for my main software is imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    And a picture disc of a pizza with NO pineapple on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast