Working on a Website. - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hi,

Contact us - either list your details or embed a form

News/ Gigs/ Recent Releases - Something that people can bookmark and come back and look at. Your gonna be famous remember so people are gonna wanna catch up with you at a gig or something.

Facebook/ Twitter link - So your fans can friend you, tell you what they think.

Photos's/ Video - something fun about you.

Blog, forum optional but what is NOT is either a pay per download of your mixes or a re-direct to ITunes to buy your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by djneats View Post
    Hi,

Contact us - either list your details or embed a form

News/ Gigs/ Recent Releases - Something that people can bookmark and come back and look at. Your gonna be famous remember so people are gonna wanna catch up with you at a gig or something.

Facebook/ Twitter link - So your fans can friend you, tell you what they think.

Photos's/ Video - something fun about you.

Blog, forum optional but what is NOT is either a pay per download of your mixes or a re-direct to ITunes to buy your stuff.
    Good idea . However I don't think it's right for me to mix other peoples songs and then sell the mix. When I finish producing a track or two ill definitely do that though! Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Just curious in general, anyone have pretty extensive flash knowledge on here?
    I'm a web developer by trade and used to lecture flash at uni (when it was flash 5) so if you need help just holla.

I haven't seen those templates opened in flash but I would imagine they are quite simple to edit.

The text is probably loaded from an xml file anyway, so it just depends how much you want changing as to how deep you need to go...
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I'm a web developer by trade and used to lecture flash at uni (when it was flash 5) so if you need help just holla.

I haven't seen those templates opened in flash but I would imagine they are quite simple to edit.

The text is probably loaded from an xml file anyway, so it just depends how much you want changing as to how deep you need to go...
    YES! Awesome! THANK YOU!

Picking it up tonight then .

Omg so yesterday I checked my traffic log in the morning for my website. 1770 hits as of yesterday in the morning. It was up only for three days as of yesterday. Just wanted to share that with you guys and thank you all so much for the help and support!

have you considered wordpress as the framework for your website?

I'd personally steer away from flash as your framework, purely for accessibility reasons. Iphone's, Ipad's, and most android devices dont have flash support dont forget...

* wordpress has plugins for mobile devices; so when a mobile device connects to your site, your site will reformat your info/post entries into an optimised reading format for that device.

* there are an absolute truckload of free wordpress themes and also some really great looking premium (paid) themes

* the beauty of using wordpress is the latest info like your newest mix for example will always appear at the top of the main page so people dont have to dig through pages - you can setup wordpress with certain themes so its more like a traditional webpage with static pages rather than look like a blog

* you can tag and put your posts into categories which will automatically put your posts into their own pages as well as on the main 'blog' page..

* there are countless plugins for everything you can imagine to integrate things like a forum, shop, chatroom, picture gallery viewers etc.

* theres social media plugins for wordpress to easily get your twitter feed show up, or to put a facebook like button on all your posts so if someone clicks like it'll show up on their facebook - which could direct more traffic to your site potentially.

* most themes have built in SEO (search engine optimisation) plugins to help maximise your rankings in search engines.

* a lot of themes have built in google analytics plugins so you can track a heap of things like where your hits are coming from etc.

anyway, i think you'd be mad not to look into it a little more at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    have you considered wordpress as the framework for your website?

All the stuff in between

anyway, i think you'd be mad not to look into it a little more at the least.
    +1 on this
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

I have advised against Wordpress in the past. However I would now say go wordpress but also learn html. CSS not so important. Loads of great plugins you can quickly add to get a proffesional looking site up.

Flash isnt good for rapid updates and also hard to get it to rank well on search engins. There are many great plugins for wordpress that will help you make your site really usefull to you and your users. OH yea its also free. That is allways nice

DJtechtools is a wordpress site

Now i'm super confused lol. I was just about to pick up a flash template too. I know how to work HTML pretty well. In high school my Dad bought me this HTML book with like a bajillion pages, and I went through all of it lol. WordPress is essentially html right?

Damn, I want it to be really really really flashy - but it needs to contain a lot of info space too. Pun intended. Damnit.

Tech Guru

nooo wordpress is a content managment system that works on php and mysql. It can have flash elements you can add anything you want to it

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast