OT: recommend me beer! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Just sniff out the local microbreweries when you get where your going. The best and freshest beer is always local.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Hmmm... Not American but Jamaican: Red Stripe. I love that with all my <3. Look up for a artisan beer joint! I went to Barcade in NYC and it was awesome!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

What does Oz have to offer other than Little Creatures?
    I spent a week in Sydney late last year and good/even interesting beer was extremely hard to find - and when I did find it it was generally from NZ anyway, maybe thats just Sydney though... the number of guys rocking up to the bar and ordering "Sprite and vodka mate" was appalling.

As a kiwi recently having moved to the states I was pretty concerned that good beer would be hard to find here, that is definitely not the case.

Pretty much every bar/club/pizza place Ive been so far has had at least 1 good IPA on tap, and the micro/imported selection in the better super markets is rediculous!

So far dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA is my favorite, but I still have barely got started.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    What does Oz have to offer other than Little Creatures?
    I spent a week in Sydney late last year and good/even interesting beer was extremely hard to find - and when I did find it it was generally from NZ anyway, maybe thats just Sydney though... the number of guys rocking up to the bar and ordering "Sprite and vodka mate" was appalling.

As a kiwi recently having moved to the states I was pretty concerned that good beer would be hard to find here, that is definitely not the case.

Pretty much every bar/club/pizza place Ive been so far has had at least 1 good IPA on tap, and the micro/imported selection in the better super markets is rediculous!

So far dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA is my favorite, but I still have barely got started.
    in oz you've got cooper's pale ale (green label) and their sparkling ale (red label).. once a year they release their coopers extra vintage which is top notch.

and theres the james squire beers, my picks the are their amber ale, porter and to a lesser extent but still highly drinkable their golden ale.

there's a local micro brewer about 30kms from my place that makes one of my favourite beers of all time - the red hill brewery scotch ale. all the red hill beers are top notch but i like their scotch ale which is basically a porter, and their golden ale is great too.

if you want an easy to drink summer beer go the XXXX summer bright lager.

on the topic of lager's go the crown lager... its now a mass produced lager available anywhere, but back when i was younger you could only buy it in restaurants, hotel bistros, etc never from a bottle shop.

http://www.redhillbrewery.com.au/default.htm
    http://coopers.com.au/
    http://www.maltshovel.com.au/

Microbrews or any American Beer off of this list:
    http://beeradvocate.com/lists/top

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    good american beer sounds like an oxymoron like military intelligence or government efficiency
    Finding good American beer is a non-event - like -
    "You'll find good American beer when Justin Bieber's balls drop"

ie - it ain't gonna happen!

Tech Student

Yuengling Porter...My life blood.
    The Mother Ship: CQ60-615DX(4g) Numark DJ i/o Behringer uca 222 Behringer DJX750 Kontrol X-1(2) Numark Total Control Akai apc40,LPK25,LPD8,Korg KP3,Kaossilator,Ableton,Traktor Pro.
    Revoultionary DJ Mark Boudreau.."Frequency Prophet"

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    good american beer sounds like an oxymoron like military intelligence or government efficiency
    +1

LOL! I could not have put it better myself.

theres a decent doco i saw a year or so ago called 'Beer Wars' about the american brewing industry and how the big breweries are trying put the micro brewers out of business. i recommend watching it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast