Beat Meter

Thread: Beat Meter

Tech Guru

Default Beat Meter

I have seen this done in at least one youtube video and I don't know if they were using Traktor so I don't know if it's even possible. Essentially they mapped the top row of say an APC20/40 or a launchpad tohave the first light light up with say beat 1 and then in time it would move to button/light 2,3,4,5 etc.. I can't find the video to show you I wish I had saved it. If anyone has any idea about what I'm talking about let me know. It would be a fun little project for my intro to computers class. I have nothing else to do in there except troll the forums. :P
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Yul mapped this on his S4. <-link
    Read the recent blog post about mapping LEDs <-link
    and it will explain how to map the leds.
    To have them go in sequence you have to figure out the value range. Yul's is in the thread linked above.

Tech Guru

try mapping "beat phase sync" and map each button to a different beat count.

So each button would beat every beat, next button every other beat, and so on.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I have seen this done in at least one youtube video and I don't know if they were using Traktor so I don't know if it's even possible. Essentially they mapped the top row of say an APC20/40 or a launchpad tohave the first light light up with say beat 1 and then in time it would move to button/light 2,3,4,5 etc..
    You own a LPD8, so take a look at this (in Post2 you got the example for the LPD8)

i'made exactly what you want, for the LPD8, and i works only with a trick. The MasterClock must set on 96Bpm, the songs you play must have 128Bpm

Then you could use the "PHASE MONITOR", and map it on different buttons, with different Controller Range Settings.

per example
    Button1 min 0.01 max 0.25
    Button2 min 0.25 max 0.5
    Button3 min -0.5 max -0.25
    Button4 min -0.25 max -0.01

thats the case for 4 Buttons, if you want, you could make 8 or 16 Buttons, but i never tried it with more than 4.
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS