Traktor S4 (copy) build log - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

how was I not already subscribed to this.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    With arcade buttons and a little bit of a Pioneer layout too.
    that looks really sweet man... nice combination of controls

I wonder who will finish their controller first?

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    that looks really sweet man... nice combination of controls

I wonder who will finish their controller first?
    Well, I'll be happy if I'm finished mine for the end of the year. Remember kids it's not the winning but the taking part that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Well, I'll be happy if I'm finished mine for the end of the year. Remember kids it's not the winning but the taking part that counts.

well, considering i've been working on my controller for well over 6 months now, I feel like I kind of need something to spur me on a bit... nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition is there? :P

Got a little bit done over the weekend, mostly drilling and soldering.

Silver knobs are encoders, black knobs are pots. The blue latching led button at the bottom of the jog wheel will be deck c and d on/off. Lots of buttons and knobs wired, they're just not connected to a pcb yet.

Tech Guru

looking good!

NICE can't wait for the finished product!
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Update.

I've done a bit more and things are running to plan at the moment. I've mostly been doing some metal butchering and de-soldering, but I have managed to get some of the more fun parts done too. For instance I've put a first coat of paint on the mixer section.

If anyone wants to know how to get in to the Xone 1D, then it's really simple, just take out the 4 security screws nearest the corners. Try and get the correct type of driver bit otherwise you will just mushroom the screw. I'm lucky - as an electrician I have lots of these to hand. You do not need to take off any of the pot knobs or encoder knobs etc. These are all attached to the face plate which lifts right off.

Once you've got the screws out CAREFULLY lift the pcbs out of the carcass. You will find a plug going to the midi ports that you will have to disconnect.

I have also de-soldered all of the pots from the X-session pro. This took a little bit of time and patience, but I'm hoping it will be all worth it in the end. I've placed this inside the mixer section on top of a couple of bits of old acrylic so it doesn't short out.

I also ordered a few new buttons, only to make the controller look a bit better. A lot of the buttons have wire soldered to them too.

I'm waiting on a router bit to be delivered so I can finish the performance section (jog wheels and arcade buttons), then I can move on to the mixer section. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the Leo Bodnar device now. I think I might get away with the controls I have at my disposal if I can move them around ..... i.e take the encoders from the 1D and move them to the mixer section. If I can do this without using secondary software then I think that would be a bonus.
    Last edited by Archies'bald; 05-17-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast