vci 300 Itch-style mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I really have no clue, I've not found a tsi that worked with my Mac and that solved the LED issue, to be honest I thought that the LED lights thing was a a limitation on the software, not the OS underlying the software.

Did you use the Traktor bible? I've spent a little bit of time trying to figure out how modifiers work but to be honest I don't think that my head is in the right place to totally get it. Is there a good forum thread where some other troglodite like me gets some basic explanation about modifiers and whatever else one needs to attempt a TSI from scratch?
    It is a limitation of the software, not of the OS, controllers didn't have that many LEDs back in the day probably so it wasn't an issue probably. Or the Vci 300 works just in a very strange way

I didn't use the Traktor bible, just mapped everything by looking for info on this forum. I at first couldn't map a thing either except for some very easy stuff, like EQ's and the faders, but if you look a bit into it, it isn't that hard at all. (Well my mapping is super-easy too, I think if u have several modifier-states things get tricky very fast)

All my modifiers are just On/Off so each button has 2 functions at the most and each modifier button has its very own function, no crazy genius-mapping for me

I used these resources:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/ <= This is the one you need the most. The advanced tutorial just shows you how to create a toggle-modifier instead of a hold-modifier, but once you know the basics you're good to go.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...tor/#more-6134
    LED-diagram to know al the notes: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492
    And here's how to map the volume-meters (although that won't work with you on MAC)
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...00+leds&page=4

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by tomato; 12-21-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Tech Wizard

Thank you very much for all the links and advice.

Do you think there is something inherently incompatible because the VCI-300 is USB 1.1 only?

Because Traktor was designed from day dot to use USB 2.0 interfaces therefore the midi bottle neck is only an issue with the USB 1.1 limited VCi-300?

I don't know the theory behind these arguments but it does kinda jump out at me as being a significant thing. Hell the SL1 is still only USB 1.1 too!

Moving on so then there will be no difference between a TSI designed for a person on Windows and a person running Mac OSX. And also there is no need to think about approaching the LED issues differently because the same limitations will apply regardless of the OS.

Having said that, because Drew is an awesome programmer he was able to sort out something that fits inbetween the VCI-300 and Traktor and alleviates all the problems, what I guess I'm getting at is unless someone can make a similar application for MACs then in reality I'm still stuck! Bugger

Call me defeatist I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    It is a limitation of the software, not of the OS, controllers didn't have that many LEDs back in the day probably so it wasn't an issue probably. Or the Vci 300 works just in a very strange way

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Tech Wizard

I don't think it's because of the USB 1.1, because Itch can use all the LED's without a problem. It's just some kind of overflow of information for Traktor I think, too many messages it has to deal with at the same time.
    The app by Str8upDrew picks up all the messages and combines them before sending them to/from Traktor or something (just pure speculation this).

Tsi's for MAC and windows are the same so they shouldn't give different results, your thinking of the LED approach is correct, it's just the same for the two platforms.

And yeah, sadly you will need to wait till someone can solve the issue with a similar app. Or untill the new Traktor with separate LED-feedback-threads (or something) is released...

Tech Wizard

Just an update to tell people they don't need Str8upDrew's app anymore to use my mapping with working VU-meters with Traktor 2. All LED's working without any drop-outs!

Can't edit my first post here, so hopefully interested people will see this...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12