Faderfox 1.Gen vs Ohm64
    Tech Wizard

Default Faderfox 1.Gen vs Ohm64

So I just got myself an Ohm64. Its on its way and will arrive somewhen next week. But now I found the first gen of faderfoxes here:

http://www.faderfox.de/mark/index.ph...135&Itemid=177

So if you combine the two controllers on the right, its nearly exactly the same options as the Ohm64.(same amount of buttons, same amount of faders, Half the knobs, but a joystick extra) Also I know where I could get them for about 1/3 of the price of the Ohm64. I am very confused now and starting to doubt the correctness of my decision to get the Ohm64. Has anyone of you ever tried the 1.Gen Foxes? What makes the Ohm64 worth so much more? Basically I want someone to tell me, that I did the right thing. Also, would the Ohm64 and the foxes be working together? What do you think about the combination? (I actually am considering buying the foxes as well now. Am I going mad?)

I'm not sure which faderfox you're talking about but I've got a DJ1 and its a great controller... had it since 2004 and it's still works perfectly. Having said that, I'd like an Ohm64 as well!

The 1st gen faderfoxes are not available new anymore. And when they were new the two controllers you're talking about probably cost the same as the ohm, so the cost is comparable -- you might be able to find used ones cheap but the same can be said of any controller or product. But in the end you shouldn't just compare these things based on the number of buttons and knobs; you should also look at the overall layout, ease and feel of use, etc.; it also depends what program you're controlling with it? The faderfoxes have lots of buttons and are very solidly built, but you might find them a bit cramped, and the layout of the ohm is REALLY nice. I think you'll be really happy with the ohm (but if you're not, you can always send it to me!)