So i got my liner sliding pots... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi chrisw - I just got your pm...

archies is definitely your man for this sorta thing! I'm afraid as much as I talk about making controllers, soldering stuff and programming, it's all just talk and theory, rather than practise. I'm still learning all the theory and getting all the parts together at the moment - I've yet to actually build anything.

In other words, I've no idea why your pot/slider isn't working with the joypad circuit board. The link you posted the other day in my Arduino thread with the joypad circuit diagrams seems like the best place to start (assuming that your fader is functioning, is 10k linear and that your joypad is still working correctly).

sorry I can't be of more help

first advice for you, try to figure out everything before ripping apart your gamepad, the way it's assembled and connected is the best and first clue of how things work.

said that, you analog little joysticks of the ps have 3 wires, one ground, one positive and one +5v.

if you don't have a multimeter, use a led as a way to figure out how the circuit work, if you connect the +5v and the ground and led is lit you've found those two, so the other one is the positive

the slider connections are:

on my gamepads, i had to disconnect the joysticks before connection the pot, i don't know why but it didn't work with the two connected at the same time.

finally, trace your plan before you get your hands on a scisor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12