|Build Log| - DIY midi gamepad controller - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hello, i like very much what you have done and im eager to see it in live action, in a video.
    Also i have a question for you, can i use a rotary encoder with a gamepad if i want a simple jogwheel? Sorry if is a silly question but i am a total noob but i really want to make my own controller Now i am waiting for my arcade buttons to arrive (i ordered them from dealextrem.com for almost 1$ each ).

I am from Romania so i'm sorry for my bad english.

you might regret getting cheap $1 arcade buttons... I bought 16 from a Chinese company last year and they were absolutely rubbish.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    you might regret getting cheap $1 arcade buttons... I bought 16 from a Chinese company last year and they were absolutely rubbish.
    I know that, but i just want to try to make a controller by myself. If it will be usable i might buy good buttons. If not i know that i don't spend a lot o money on pushbuttons that i can't use.

As for the jogwheel, do you know if i can put one on my usb gamepad board?

Thank you for your reply

I guess u could use read sensors I think they are called(?) but the send a pulse so u will need to use some coding to filter it, I guess u could use something like fergo but it would be better to use glove pie.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    I guess u could use read sensors I think they are called(?) but the send a pulse so u will need to use some coding to filter it, I guess u could use something like fergo but it would be better to use glove pie.
    I can't find anything about read sensors in my area... For now i will limit on buttons and pots/faders.
    You know if i can use a multiplexer with a gamepad? (i think thats how it is called, that thing that multiply analog and digital I/O's)

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    hello,

does anyone know iff it's possible to bypass the analog switch of a gamepad, every time that i connect the gamepad, i have to press the analog, i would like to have it allways in analog mode.

thanks
    any update on this? i plan on building my own controller and i think this is the only problem i'll be encountering...

Quote Originally Posted by britesynth View Post
    any update on this? i plan on building my own controller and i think this is the only problem i'll be encountering...
    i've study some ways to do this, but the best of all is just to add one small button to the side, and manual switch...

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    i've study some ways to do this, but the best of all is just to add one small button to the side, and manual switch...
    guess i have to try it for my self... thanks!

another thing mr. fbonito can i still use my d-pad buttons when the gamepad is in analog mode? why is it that fergo does not detect my dpads when my analog is on.

my game pad (ps2 type usb controller) has: http://www.cdrking.com/apanel/module...rge/9603_1.jpg

4 -directional buttons (detected as X and Y axis) up and down same function; forward and back same function
    4 -r1, r2, l1, l2 buttons
    4 -x, square, tri, circle
    2 -select & start buttons
    2 -analog joystick buttons(center button) (detected as X, Y, Z, R)
    ----
    16 buttons total

2 -analog sticks (is = to 4 potentiometers right?)

all in all i'm thinking that i should be able to hook up 16 buttons in total but apparently as i've mentioned earlier the x and y axis on the dpads give the same function which leaves me 2 buttons short... and when analog is on the dpads are off, does this mean that even if i attach 4 arcade buttons on those dpads only 2 of them will be useful?

(again i'm using midi yoke & FERGO joystickmidi)

is there something i'm missing here? i'm kinda new to this kind of build would gladly appreciate your help... thanks! =)

just a small update,

i was struggling to find a cheap and also good solution for the sound card.

initially i was trying to connect two sound cards (one just to the headphones) but i came to the conclusion that what i needed was to have a sound card with two outputs.

so i got a Behringer: U-CONTROL UCA202

behringer_uca202_u_control.jpg

and it's working perfectly, the sound card is inside the controller, and i have now two out's and one in, it works perfect for me.

i will post some performance with the SIFÄO soon

regards

Hey there! Thanks a lot for your gamepad controller post, it really helped me. I have a few doubts and it'd be great if you could help me.

Firstly, does any software support 4 gamepads at the same time? Which softwares should i use to convert the signals to midi to use with Traktor Pro 2?