*BUILD LOG* 'CDJ 2000'-style DIY Traktor controller - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Naah... well... yes... Some problems in JunXion with the hatswitch. And Arduino seems more reliable and gives more to play with... I will post my adventures later
    Why buy something, when you can build it yourself for the double cost?

Check my project! DIY DJ Controller (gamepad PCB)
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18627

Cool!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    how's this going?
    it's on hold until the new year - currently saving up for a holiday in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Bangkok... going in a few weeks (for about a month).

once I get back I'll have some more money and should be able to finish it... I don't want this project to become another one of those half-started, never finished ideas that you sometimes see on here (was on two minds about even starting this thread)... it will almost certainly get finished!

oskars - very interesting... you have the know how to program the arduino?

First things first amigo!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

awesome project, looking forwards to seeing a unit in existance!

let us know how the arudino + MUX shield combo treats you, somehting ive been looking at playing with for a while,
    woof

This looks incredible, Milo

(And hello to you, DJTT community!)

I've actually been working on something similar, albeit without the touchscreen.
    I'm also going the Arduino route, as I think it will offer some quite handy features (hardware based mapping, complex behavior etc).

If you want to bounce some ideas around about Arduino's or whatever, drop me a pm

Looking excitedly forward to an update, keep up the good work!

hows it going?

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    I'm also going the Arduino route, as I think it will offer some quite handy features (hardware based mapping, complex behavior etc).

If you want to bounce some ideas around about Arduino's or whatever, drop me a pm
    and im going for it aswell! it arrived just before xmas build log will be starting up shortly, Arduino is definintely the way forward!
    woof

as I mentioned earlier, project is on hold until the end of January (when I get back from Hong Kong / Thailand). I'm ordering the Arduino and Mux shield - hoping that I can use it as the 'brain' for this project, but if not I'll go with the xbox joypads.

also, found some Samsung U70's for a really decent price:

http://www.orangeaccessories.co.uk/a...87&pkg=5930887

just waiting for them to come back in stock.

Sounds good.
    I looked around at some other monitors, particularly 10", and found these to be pretty nice.

http://www.mimomonitors.com/

I hope I can take the shell off and just use the hardware, as that would save me a good bit of space.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Just on my way back from Thailand/HK and got a 6 hour wait in Doha, Qatar. Had a little look around the duty free here and found this really nice 8" LG Photoframe for US$80. Whilst I'm waiting for my connecting flight I had to quickly power it up and see if it works

The good points are that it's really sleek, doesn't have a massive frame and has very good viewing angles as well as being very bright. The bad points are that it has a noticeably lower refresh rate than a standard VGA monitor. There's a bit of latency but that doesn't bother me, it's more like the screen isn't refreshing at 50/60hz. It's not too bad, only noticeable when you compare it to my laptop screen so hopefully it won't be an issue. Shame the shop only had 1 in stock otherwise I probably would have bought two!

The best news is that my Clone tool works perfectly on it! Now I just need to order the Arduino

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast