*BUILD LOG* 'CDJ 2000'-style DIY Traktor controller - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

at first i was like: this NEEDS to happen, but its going to be to hard to get started

but then i saw the other attached pic and when HOLY SHI-

this is awsome
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Whoa this is absolutely bananas! Good luck! I can't wait to see your project.

P.S. I second the motion for two pitch faders, seems like the simplest way to get around the value jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Unimagination View Post
    Whoa this is absolutely bananas! Good luck! I can't wait to see your project.

P.S. I second the motion for two pitch faders, seems like the simplest way to get around the value jumping.
    I still don't really understand how this works... Seems like the Okus Raw uses two pitch faders for two decks... how does having two faders prevent value jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I still don't really understand how this works... Seems like the Okus Raw uses two pitch faders for two decks... how does having two faders prevent value jumping?
    Don't base any of your design on the Otus Raw, it's an abortion of a controller.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I'm liking this. As you know I've butchered my XP10 too, so if I can help in any way give us a shout.

Does the CDJ 1000 platter rely on a pressure sensitive button when it's scratching? I've never really looked in to one. Would it be possible to sacrifice a button somewhere to get this running? Would you also need part of the casing for this to work? Good luck with mounting the platter on the Xp10 spindle, that will be tricky.
    Last edited by Archies'bald; 10-16-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Tech Wizard

Make sure the pitch fader has a CDJ-comparable resolution please!

And I'm keeping an eye on this as well. Looks very good.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Unimagination View Post
    Two pitch faders will not help you here... The problem with the pitch is the same with the AUTO-GAIN feature... Everytime you load a track, traktor gains it automatically, so if you have two gain knobs for deck A and C it would still not be enough, because Traktor will auto-change their values to match the volume output.

The same happens with the pitch faders and the SYNC button. Even if you have two pitch faders, when you hit sync, the value on the software will be different from the value of the hardware. Did you get it?

The best approach here is to use touch strip or motorized faders. And you dont need a long long touchstrip to pitch your track, you can use a short one, and use it like you use your mouse wheel...

Why dont you try this way of pitch your tracks by experiment on a SCS.3d / 3m ? Search a store that would allow you to try the SCS.3 and you will see what I'm talking...

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Rotary encoders & motorized faders like the BCD/F

I honestly cant fathom why they didn't go motorized faders in Otus RAW they ain't that expensive?

okay, so say if I go for something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPS-Fader-mot...ht_2997wt_1140

how would you get Traktor to send midi data to update the fader position? is that even possible? what kind of midi/hid brain has outputs? (as well as the usual inputs)

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Good question .. the BCF manages it though as does the stanton scs, so must be possible "somehow"

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast