Should DJTT make a VCI-300 Mapping/Overlay for Traktor?

View Poll Results: If DJTT made a free mapping and an overlay (~$30) for the VCI-300, what would you do?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would purchase an overlay and download the mapping for my VCI-300

61 71.76%
  • I would download the mapping for the VCI-300. I don't want an overlay.

16 18.82%
  • I have no interest in a mapping or overlay for my VCI-300.

8 9.41%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should DJTT make a VCI-300 Mapping/Overlay for Traktor?

The title says it all. If DJ Techtools made and supported a Traktor Pro mapping and overlay (for around $30) for the Vestax VCI-300 would you buy it?

I started working on this mapping a while ago but it quickly got pushed aside as other projects had greater priority. However, if enough people are interested enough in this product to buy an overlay then we could pick up this project again.

Any thoughts or comments will be much appreciated.

For those who don't have a VCI-300 and don't have any interest in getting one, please don't answer the poll. We want all the input we can get but we don't want it skewed by people who simply aren't fans of the VCI-300.

Default f0tif0

It would be good to have some kind of mapping for vfx1
    f0tif0

Tech Guru

yes count me in.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I've ticked that i'd purchase an overlay. But it would need to be either removeable or also marked with the original Itch functions, as I'm a keen user of Itch & I imagine i'd want to be able to swap between Itch & Traktor as the mood took me.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Guru

Flash,

So whats the verdict man --- are we gonna see something in the near future for the 300?? There's a few posts circulating on pages 1 and 2 with mappings for the 300 each with 2000+ views and pages of posts, so I would say there is definetly a need and market for a solid mapping (none really exists).

Understanding the 300 has limitations on knobs and buttons, i think us 300 owners would greatly appreciate a mapping that has some of the VCI-100 tools: Fader FX, One button effects, etc. The advantage I see of having a 300 is that with a built in sound card, if you plug in two usb's one is the 300 and the other could be an X1 or simliar controller. WIth the 100, using two USB's thats the 100 and sound card. If there was a solid 300 mapping that had the major functions of the 100, the second controller could really be used to wreck havoc and still have a light set up with minimal cables.

Hope you find some time to work on it.
    HZ..
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I hate itch. Enough said.

Tech Convert

+1 for dual (itch/traktor) overlay, (or an unmarked/reconfigurable overlay with dry-erase removable/replaceable vinyl stickies perhaps?), with 2 and 4 deck .TSI for a single vci-300.

Some of us just want to play instead of program, and i for one am willing to pay ~$30 for that, as of yester-year.

Maybe we could get everyone interested to work together on a single TSI with basic 2deck/4deck support and have additional TSI's for more complicated requirements.

Another option would be DJTT could establish a list of experienced TSI configgers willing to do custom made-to-order .TSI's (with reconfigurable overlay & layout PDF) (for a list of supported device/s) for around $50 (with satisfaction guaranteed).

A little off-topic but, another idea would be to reward ppl who present improvements and money-making ideas for DJTT, (like the suggestion for this poll, and any future midi-fighter order page enhancements, etc) with a little swag or product discounts perhaps? (wink,wink,nudge,nudge)
    Last edited by commentor; 09-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Tech Wizard

If I can get a tsi that allows the vci-300 to work 100% in traktor then I would stay with traktor altogether, but is this even possible with 1.2.6?

From what I've gathered from the hard work of mappers here, the VCI-300 is still having problems with:
    Jog wheels
    Pitch bend
    LED output.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    From what I've gathered from the hard work of mappers here, the VCI-300 is still having problems with:
    Jog wheels
    Pitch bend
    LED output.
    Well i'm using Robin's TSI;

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7780

Jog wheels work, Pitch bend works, most LED output works (except for VU meters), but it's not 100%.

I would have to say that Robin's TSI's (for v1.2.1) work pretty well for the most part, (if you delete and reload Traktor + controller settings when Traktor is freezing), but development seems to have ceased, it is a fairly complicated mapping, (two TSI's are needed), there is some strangeness going on with some of the LED's, (they glow a half-light green when inactive), the VU meters don't work, audio does not seem to work as expected, (but then i don't use the VCI"s audio, but it would be nice if we could rely on it if needed), there is no overlay, and i would like to see a simpler (no f/x) 4 deck config (with re-configurable overlay) for a single VCI-300 unit, so maybe Robin's is a good starting point?
    Last edited by commentor; 09-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast