Complete VCI-300 .tsi
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Complete VCI-300 .tsi

!!! LATEST UPDATE: VCI-300 2-Deck - 4th !!!

(all functions are explained in the pics)

Hi DJTT VCI-300 people,

hereīs my .tsi-file:

- Works with Traktor Pro 1.2 (new midi-mapping-system)
    - One for 2 VCI-300 with 4 Decks and 4 Effect-Decks
    - One for 1 VCI-300 with 2 Decks and 4 Effect-Decks
    - Pics that show the allocations
    - Numbers/Excel-document of the mapping
    - For use with internal or external soundcard (f.e. NI Audio2)

DECKS
    4-Deck Playback with 2 VCI-300
    5 direct Hotcues
    1 Loop (makes Loop with every Hotcue, works independent from the beat)
    Auto Loop
    Beatjump (Fx-Mode allows the Beatjump-Move with Loop-Size-Buttons, with Shift the Beatjump-Size can be changed)
    Scratch (with Itch that works much better)
    Syncload
    Loadmarker
    Search with Crossfader (press shift)
    Tempo-Bend with jogwheels and buttons

EFFECTS
    4 Fx-Decks with 1 VCI-300
    2 chained
    2 advanced (Fx deck 3 and 4 can be activated with shift)
    Presetted to the other deck (1 VCI: a->b, b->a / 2 VCI: a->c, b->d, c->a, d->b)
    Free mappable, too.

MORE Fx
    Filter
    Key
    Key Lock
    Duplicate
    Panning Fx on crossfader

OTHER
    6 context-sensitive layouts
    Global Search / Search clear on 1 button (map Track-Collection to Fav. 12)
    List Search / Search Clear on 1 button
    Browse with Jogwheels and/or Navigation-Buttons
    Crossfader on/off
    Crossfader Curve
    Master, save with Shift (both work)
    Jogwheel Reset-Button for the case of problems

-> BASIC MAPPING
    To those who want an easy mapping: Donīt use the second allocations, except to delete the hotcues, aso., as you can see in the pic called basic.

-> USE OF INTERNAL SOUNDCARD
    This mapping contains changed Monitor Mix and Monitor Volume because Monitor Volume has itīs own Knob like the Master Volume, that works directly to the internal soundcard. To use the mic, switch deck B to audio through (arrow under the "B") and donīt forget the mic knob in the front of your unit for the line-in level. And donīt forget the Master Volume (use with Shift) in the front, that works to the software, the other Master works directly to the soundcard of your VCI-300. The file contains all audio settings. If you have trouble with it nevertheless, the pics in post #41 may help you: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=41

-> USE OF 2 VCI-300
    Itīs impossible to upload the .tsi-file for the two VCI-300 because of itīs size, zipped, too. If youīd like to have it, mail to:
    VCI-300@web.de.
    Thereīs a bug in Traktor Pro 1.2 they didnīt fix from the beta: You have to select the physical controllers after every start of the software. The mapping is the same but duplicated to deck C and D, except the pre-setted effect deck allocations are different.

NEED TO BE FIXED
    - The Shift-LED on via Modifier for Fx-Deck 3/4 in active mode. In an earlier test-mapping that worked. Any ideas?
    - The Global Search-Button and Syncload have some functions together and need to be pressed two times. Does
    anyone see a possibility to arrange it for a „one-press-solution“, to merge it?

COMING UP NEXT
    - video walkthrough
    - re-worked syncload function
    - re-worked scratch function (itch-/vinyl-like)

Robin

The downloads - part 1

...find more in post #2
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-15-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |
    iMac 27 3.06 | iPad | Sennheiser HD-25 | Shure SM-58
    S4: 1.01 | TPro: 1.2.6 | OS X: 10.6.6

The downloads - part 2

216 tsi-file downloads + ...
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-15-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |

Tech Wizard

wow this is amazing, thanks for being so thorough.

Tech Convert

The Cue and Play buttons do not seem to be mapped right when I loaded your TSI file. Also, the platter scratch does not seem to work at all for me. When I use the platter in scratch mode, the track stops. Is this a limitation of the mapping, or just an issue with my setup? Anyone else experiencing this?

G=-,

-夏嘉瑞-
    www.garysaville.net

GaryS: "The Cue and Play buttons do not seem to be mapped right when I loaded your TSI file."
    -> Can you describe what your problem is with play and cue? I worked since the release of 1.2 more than 40 times in clubs with this way mapped play and cue that worked as they should do, had no problems.

"when scratch mode, the track stops": -> The problem with your scratch might be the touch-sensitive parts of the jogs and their level. I wanted to keep the transparent part of the jog for tempo bend in the scratch mode, too. Thatīs why scratch mode needs the touch plates on the wheels. That will be no problem in a short number of days.
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 10-10-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Tech Convert

Thank you!

Tech Convert

Thanks Rob, I imported the wrong TSI.. Stupid of me. Anyway, everything is working now except for the crossfader. There is no response from it at all. Any sugestions?

Thanks
    Gary

-夏嘉瑞-
    www.garysaville.net

Hey, no problem. Cool that it works for you now. I know itīs a bit difficult with other functions on the buttons than named for itch. But after a few gigs itīs really easy and pretty much better that way with many many more possibilities.

Find attached a pic that shows the button to activate the crossfader (green). Itīs mapped with "Soft takeover". To use it, you have to move the crossfader to the actual position you see in the software . The screen changes, too, and you see the cross. If you donīt need the cross, switch off, screen switches again. That helps you not to move it inadvertantly.
    If you press the crossfader button with shift (both work), you have a panning effect on the crossfader and change left and right speakers when two decks are "on air". To deactivate press the crossfader button again, but make sure first the pan is in the correct position in the middle. Screen changes, too. By the way in that view you can see the cues in the decks.
    If crossfader and panning effect are not activated, I switch it on if I need it, you can move through your whole track with the crossfader by holding pressed the shift button of the deck with the track. That way you find every position in the track in a very short time.

During the next week Iīll upload developed tsi-files where you can use pitch fader, jog wheel and channel fader for effect parameters and the cross for dry/wet. That will be available separately for each player just by normal activating of an effect deck and will be deactivated the same way. So you can control your effects everytime in two ways: The Deck-EQs or the faders and jog as described above. Every "normal" function is available by shift. And if you switch on both decks the effects on, you can mix the effects via crossfader. Sounds a bit difficult, but is very easy and much fun!
    Many functions for a crossfader, but it works great. In a short number of weeks I will explain everything by video on youtube. At the moment I donīt have the time to produce it a professional way with embedded screen and so on.

Here the pic with the button to activate the cross. Tell me if it works!

All the best, Robin

Tech Guru

any chance for a video of it in action? You tube it!
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by robinkirchhoff View Post
    ... In a short number of weeks I will explain everything by video on youtube. At the moment I donīt have the time to produce it a professional way with embedded screen and so on.
    Sorry.... Coming asap. And then it will rock!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast