*Build Log* DIY Controller From Scratch - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Why don't you buy a Tablet with android and put it on the unit?
    Or even a simpler X/Y pad for some kaoss style effects
    You can make a cheap X/Y pad by using a Nintendo DS screen, I saw a mod some time ago, but i'm sure that are a lot of other DIY options around
    This would be nicier then two jogwheels

Tech Wizard

No new photo's to post right now, as I am out on the road. However after playing with the controller for a bit before I left town, I quickly discovered just how awful these small buttons are. No wonder they were so cheap, they *ARE* cheap.

So between that and the decision to ditch the jog wheels, I am going fully arcade. Working on a new panel layout right now. I'll post it up as soon as I come up with some ideas! Also toying with the idea of changing the panel material to something other than acrylic, but its just an idea. In all likelyhood I will probably stick with what i've been using.
    -Matt Z
    DIY'er - Gadget Freak - Gearhead

I always ask manufactures for free samples of buttons, and 90% of the time, it works. They never send enough for a full controller, but they really help me decide.

http://salecom.manufacturer.globalsources.com
    http://www.westfloridacomponents.com
    https://shop.maxim-ic.com/storefront...mpleSearchLoad

That's just a few. But usually i just spend a bit on google trying to find them. Or look them up on Mauser/DigiKey, they usually have the manufacturer listed on the product page, so i head of to the manufacturers web site and shoot an e-mail to someone in the sales department.

I got tired of ordering buttons that i though would work, and then they turn out to be crap. So i started explaining this in my e-mails, and even some places that don't usually offer samples will send me a few. Usually i just tell them it's for a prototype midi controller i'm designing(i was shocked with how many of them knew what i was talking about), then i explain that button feel and response are my top 2 priorities and so on. And since these buttons usually cost just pennies for them to make, they're happy to send me a few.

On a side note; nothing on the market compares to the responsiveness of arcade buttons.

Tech Student

Default I like the way this is going!

This project is awsome, and your design is pretty cool as well. I have also been making my own, but with less buttons. And I'm also using the U-Hid.

I haven't been able to test it out yet though, because I don't know how to connect it to Traktor or Fruity loops if anyone is possible. Do you have a detailed explenation for how I can use it with Traktor, assigning coomands to my arcade buttons?

hey

Whats happened to this???
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

anyone still out there?!

been keeping an eye on where this project is going and liking it, building a 2nd controller myself, more midifighter esque and arduino based,
    woof

Tech Wizard

And im back from the dead...

Work killed me for a few months there. On top of the home life, I simply didn't have time to even think about the controller let alone work on it. It's not dead though! I still have work to do
    -Matt Z
    DIY'er - Gadget Freak - Gearhead

Thought we'd lost you for a second!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast