Hardcore Eks XP5 modding - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Milo have you thought about using a hot glue gun to stick the cdr's on?

Just a few dabs round the outer edge and making sure to push the cdr tight onto the platter so not to lose touch sensitivity?

Might be worth a try?

that's fricken genius! and so obvious... will give it a go...

edit: just gotta be careful with the touch sensitivity conductivity... might have to insert a metal washer between the platter and the cd...

also, loving the enclosure so far Archies'bald

Got a little bit more done, hopefully I've sorted any platter touch sensitivity problems before I start wiring. I've put the black perpspex sheet on top of the unit and drilled down through it (leaving a much larger hole on the metal).

I've still got more drilling and metalwork to do, but most of it is finished. I've got usb and phono extension leads to fix in to the casing so I don't have to open the unit up to connect it, or have it permanently wired with a cable coming through a hole in the casing.

Hope you guys like how it's looking, cos I'm pretty chuffed.

Looks sweet man - you should definitely be chuffed with yourself.

Wouldn't mind having a go on them myself.
    Last edited by extraclassic; 07-19-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Tech Wizard

Great job man! Do you have a link to the mixer build?

I'm getting a pair of XP5s (in the mail now) but I don't think I'll mess with them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Great job man! Do you have a link to the mixer build?

I'm getting a pair of XP5s (in the mail now) but I don't think I'll mess with them like this.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6710

I'm loving the "retro Star Trek console" look juxtaposed with it being a midi controller. Very sweet custom setup brother.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Pretty wild stuff. Surprised to not see a crossfader anywhere.

Put on a hydrographic transfer finish on that thing and you'll be the coolest DJ in town for quite a while!

Finally got one of the XP10's up and running. I've tested it all out with the X mapper and it seems to be working great. I've even had it running in Traktor for a few minutes, but it will take a little while to get the mapping right.

The most recent problem I had to overcome was the touch sensitive wheel did not want to work as it did when the unit was cased in plastic. It was only acting as a pitch bend and I wasn't able to use it for scratching. I have put in a latching led button, which when operated will enable scratch mode for the jog wheel. It's the orange one, just above the jog wheel.

I also thought it would be a good idea to extend the usb and phono plugs to the casing for ease of connection. These cables can be easily unplugged to inside the unit if I ever need to do any fault finding.

All in all I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. It's very rugged and I'm hoping these will last me for a good few years. I also have the added bonus of being able to use the integrated sound card on an analogue mixer if I need it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast