Cracked DVS Software - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    let's put it another way...

how many sales are Serato losing from people not being able to demo or try a warez'd version of Scratch Live?

any yeah, my arguments may indeed 'suck' - sorry about that. Then again, if everyone had the same opinion, the world would be a very boring place.
    LOL...they ain't losing shit bruh...

Your opinion is that piracy is cool. Your opinion sucks.

Tech Wizard

Default RE: virtual vs. physical

i didn't really gather all my thoughts for this discussion yet, but while making up my mind i was wondering:

karlos & chilly, what do you think of unlicensed use of the amen break and/or sampling in general?
    isn't that a comparable case of theft of intellectual property?
    would you say one is allowed to sample a drumloop without clearing it? what if the sampling song doesn't get released?

theft of software is about copyrights and intellectual property, and right now i personally am not sure what to think about the current EU/US copyright situation.

oh and on a side note: i now own 90% of my music software, after only using cracked versions of the same software for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    LOL...they ain't losing shit bruh...

well they haven't got my business so looks like my opinion isn't that unreasonable.

this thread is getting dangerously close to being locked... how about we tone down the personal remarks?

For the record, I don't think piracy is cool. I'm proud to be a licensed Traktor user. Why that should make any of my points any more (or less) valid escapes me!

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    well they haven't got my business so looks like my opinion isn't that unreasonable.

this thread is getting dangerously close to being locked... how about we tone down the personal remarks?

For the record, I don't think piracy is cool. I'm proud to be a licensed Traktor user. Why that should make any of my points any more (or less) valid escapes me!
    I haven't personally attacked anyone. Your opinion on the otherhand, completely open for debate...and for that I'll have to take back my opinion on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel79 View Post
    what do you think of unlicensed use of the amen break
    there are so many royalty-free public domain versions of that loop (which are re-licensed, re-mastered recordings of the original), and so many 10000's of tracks using it that the amen break doesn't count here

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by weasel79 View Post
    karlos & chilly, what do you think of unlicensed use of the amen break and/or sampling in general?
    isn't that a comparable case of theft of intellectual property?
    would you say one is allowed to sample a drumloop without clearing it? what if the sampling song doesn't get released?
    I don't think it is comparable personally. with cracked software you are stealing the tool. with samples, you are stealing the art. the fine craft of sampling is like montage or collage, you are using the art of the past to create your own interpretation art in the present.

both are "illegal" in a sense but for sampling you go about trying to clear the sample for use in your own work. with cracked software its not like you are contacting N.I. to see if you can use your cracked traktor.

hope that illustrates the difference i'm talking about.

long live sample "biters"!
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

some of you guys really carry yourself like grade school children. Entertaining to read none the less.

Tech Guru

Props to the OP on the greatest troll thread ever

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    some of you guys really carry yourself like grade school children. Entertaining to read none the less.
    If you can't beat 'em...

If you can't beat 'em...
    Ive heard this^^^ somewhere before.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzbI...layer_embedded

yeah, I don't think I will subscribe to this philosophy anytime soon. It makes potentially great discussions fall stagnant and viciously circular. good game gentlemen this thread is going no where.
    Last edited by sm00sh; 12-15-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: edited youtube link