Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hey guys i was just wondering if possible to perhaps have a diagram layout of the current mapping such as with flashflooder's mapping to fully visualize the full functionality of this mapping. please and thanks

I've been reading the threads on this TSI and the other one sponsored by DJTT: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12672 and I've noticed there have been talks of the Spin freezing on people. I'm in real need of a MIDI controller and I'm seriously considering getting a Spin if I can learn more about this freezing issue. What exactly happens when it freezes, does Traktor freeze as well or is it just the controller? Can it be fixed easily, what are some ways to prevent it, etc.? Also, if any of you have tried out the other mapping, which one did you like more? This one or that one?

Thanks everyone.

Tech Student

Default Head Phone Cue'ing

Hey Oldfashioned,

I have been futzing around on the spin and using traktor 1.2.4

My question is how do I go about seting up my system to do cues through my head phones in the spin and output the master through my laptop.

A Second question I have is, is there anyway I can get that nifty little effect Ian Golden used in that video on tsi 1.4.3? i like it on 1.3 but I am more used to 1.4 and its functions.

Thank you so much for this map it is so much fun to pull out at house parties here in college and impress people with my (extremely low and uneducated) mixing skills. haha thanks again, and I am practicing when I get the chance.

-JMini

Tech Convert

I've been having a terrible time trying to get the pre-cueing to work through the headphones too. Essentially, I have my MacBook Pro connected to the Vestax SPIN, from the SPIN i have a set of speakers connected through the red and white RCA plugs on the SPIN and then the headphones I have connected through the built in pre-cue plug on the SPIN. My problem is I can get pre-cuing to work through the headphones but each side is not independent of each other, in other words I have to fade music to the left or the right in order to clearly hear the next song through one side of my headphones.

I've spent alot of time on the internet trying to fix this but so far have found no solution on the world wide web or the manual that came with the software, any ideas..?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJBAKER View Post
    I've been having a terrible time trying to get the pre-cueing to work through the headphones too. Essentially, I have my MacBook Pro connected to the Vestax SPIN, from the SPIN i have a set of speakers connected through the red and white RCA plugs on the SPIN and then the headphones I have connected through the built in pre-cue plug on the SPIN. My problem is I can get pre-cuing to work through the headphones but each side is not independent of each other, in other words I have to fade music to the left or the right in order to clearly hear the next song through one side of my headphones.

I've spent alot of time on the internet trying to fix this but so far have found no solution on the world wide web or the manual that came with the software, any ideas..?
    Traktor Prefs --> Monitor Outputs set to SPIN 3 and 4 ; Master Output set to 1 and 2... using ASIO4ALL ofcourse.... if you have any integrated audio devices --> disable it in ASIO4ALL. Tell me if that works

Also... Some people have been asking for the ETA of the 4 deck version.

As I have mentioned earlier I'm in deep s#it with my university studies, my term ends on the 14th of May. I would say that the first stable version of the TSI would be out before the 20th

Cheers mates! You've been very supportive and I really wanted to get this thing up earlier!
    Last edited by oldfashioned; 04-20-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Thank you Oldfashioned!!
    Your maps have changed the way I play forever. Cheers!

Tech Convert

Pre-cuing still does not work right for me, i'm using a mac so maybe that has something to do with the problem. ASIO4ALL isn't OS X friendly but I have gone under Applications>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup and disabled the integrated audio devices. Has anyone with a Mac successfully gotten pre-cuing to work..?

You're over-complicating things a little.

If you go to Audio MIDI Setup, you'll see that the SPIN is seen by OS X as a 4 In /4 Out soundcard...Which mean it has all the Outputs necessary for pre-cueing.

Knowing this, in Traktor Audio configuration:

- You select the SPIN as Audio Device

- For Output Routing

for MASTER , select Output 1 & 2

for Monitoring, Select Output 3 & 4

As simple as that!
    The Phat One

Tech Convert

I did that.

Maybe my idea of pre-cuing in Traktor is different than on the SPIN with it's software..? With Vestax SPIN and DJay (the software that came with the mixer) I can essentially preview what's being played by pressing the headphone button on either side. Basically, either I hear one or the other side of the mixer, or I hear both sides (if I have both headphone "buttons" pressed down) In Traktor.. if I press the headphone button on the side that's playing but completely faded out (as in the crossfader is pushed all the way over to the other side of the mixer, I don't hear anything. Basically, I can only pre-cue something by fading it in, which is then heard live over the speakers, so there's really no way to preview a song.

In short.. whatever is playing over the speakers, is heard in the headphones, if either the left or the right headphone buttons are pressed down.. it doesn't matter which side left or right, when one of the buttons is pressed, I can hear what's being played over the speakers.

If you look at the mapping description, you'll see that the MIC FX knob of the SPIN is mapped to Traktor's Monitor MIX:

- When all the way to the left, you will hear ONLY the deck if the HEADPHONE button is pressed (as in DJay)

- at 12 O'clock, you'll have both the "Headphone" output, as well as the Main mix

- All the way to the right, and you'll have only the main Mix
    The Phat One

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast