Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Vestax Spin Traktor 1.2.3 TSI Fully Working

Ok guys!

Here's the most stable and fully working map for the moment.

There were some problems and functionality issues with DJBalla's map so I started from scratch. The FX section is fine tuned to suit my needs so if someone wants it changed - just say so Loop section works as follows: Pressing "AUTO" sets auto loop, pressing "SET Cue" sets cue and loop in, pressing In/Out sets Loop Out I've set up the In/Out LED to indicate when the track is in loop.

Freezes and bugs now occur very rarely ;] If you experience something weird --> drop a line here ;]

So here it is! Enjoy!

New version available! See the end of the post 1.0 -- > Attachment 1934

- The Sync Button now flashes with the tempo of the track
    - Minor improvements
    - Fixed LEDs MIDI Range issue

New Stuff:

- Shift + Mic Pitch controls Effect 3
    - Shift + Left Jog Wheel moves Up and Down through the track list
    - Automix + Jogwheels - Controls Dry/Wet on effects! Cooler then you might think ;]

Even More New Stuff (Ver. 1.1)

- added LED notification when track is in AUTO Loop

- AND FINALLY, after 5 hours of misery... the channel level meters It was a real mission to get them working!

- Minor changes

Cheers

P.S. Quite a messy post this is... I've been posting, reposting and editing it for days

LATEST TSI
    Attachment 2240
    Last edited by oldfashioned; 03-21-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Tech Wizard

Version 1.2 Changes:

* Channel Level Meters *DISABLED* due to conflicts with ASIO4ALL (maybe just on my Laptop...)

* FX Mode almost completely redone: you no longer have to hold AUTOMIX in order to use jogwheels to control DRY/WET Setting. Pressing AUTOMIX once enables FX Mode - jogs act as DRY/WET controls ; MIC FX and MIC PITCH control Effect 1 and Effect 2 ; AUTO and IN/AUT are customized to load specific groups of effects (as seen on one of Ean Golden's VCI-100 videos) ; jogwheel sensitivity improved. To exit FX Mode press AUTOMIX again.

* Super Cue Mode - Press MIC ON/OFF once --> store up to 3 cue points (for now) with the "-" button for Deck A and "+" button for Deck B. To play the cue points use PLAY (1), SET (2) and CUP (3). To exit Super Cue mode, press MIC ON/OFF Again

Attachment 1950

Tech Wizard

Just bought a Spin off someone, and I must say YOU are awesome. Along with everyone who has been working on mappings! I hope to learn and contribute soon!

Also, anyone notice the Typhoon looked exactly like the Spin?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glueeater View Post
    Just bought a Spin off someone, and I must say YOU are awesome. Along with everyone who has been working on mappings! I hope to learn and contribute soon!

Also, anyone notice the Typhoon looked exactly like the Spin?
    Thank you Glueeater!
    Hope you like your Spin, it's an awesome little toy!

As far as the Typhoon is concerned... It looks like badly photoshopped Spin. I hope it's ASIO drivers will be compatible with SPIN ;] (it's essentially the same piece of hardware I believe)

EDIT:

Version 1.3

* In FX Mode Effect 1 Ammount is now controlled by the Tempo Fader, Effect 2 Ammount by MIC FX and Effect 3 Ammount by MIC PITCH. That way you now have full control over the whole FX Section. (almost like VCI-100 Fader FX Mode)

* While in FX Mode pressing SYNC would do 2 things. First the FX Panel will change to Advanced and second a special Delay setting will be loaded so that you can seamlessly mix trax with totally different tempos. ( "+" button is mapped as delay freeze button ;] ) (as seen on Ean Golden's video here ) It was intended to be used with the Oxygen 8, but it should function and feel the same way with the Spin

This is the video where Ean shows what I mean! It's a nasty little trick indeed! ;]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w18h...layer_embedded

* dj_gee and TeLLy improved jog wheel mapping. Track now remains stopped until you release the platter. AWESOME Tweak! Thanks for this one guys!

* While track is playing the outside of the Jog Wheels act as Tempo Bend / While the track is stopped they become Seek Position control ;] (these two forced me to drink my beer supply for the whole darn week! )

* Added Soft Takeovers to Volume Faders, X-Fader, Tempo Faders and EQ Section (did that because I plan on using those for a rather odd purpose later in the TSI development ;] )

Attachment 1962
    Last edited by oldfashioned; 01-18-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

Default Autoloop

When I press the autoloop button, it activates but goes to 32. Is it possible to activate autoloop w/o going to 32 counts?

Tech Student

When I import the map, I move it to the default settings folder and import it to the controller manager in the preferences but nothing appears after I import it. How do I fix this?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jlev93 View Post
    When I import the map, I move it to the default settings folder and import it to the controller manager in the preferences but nothing appears after I import it. How do I fix this?
    What version are you running? If it's not 1.2.3 (not sure about 1.2.4), it won't work.

Tech Student

Thank you so much this is a great map.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Thank you so much this is a great map.

Welcome! Glad it serves your needs

I'll be uploading an updated version soon... I am just refining all the "crazy" stuff I did and figuring out which ones I like and want to keep!

Tech Wizard

Default Auto Loop

I asked this question and received no answer. When I press the autoloop button, it activates but goes to 32. Is it possible to activate autoloop w/o going to 32 counts automatically?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast