Working on a Website. - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Im not really a fan of any that you've chosen there.. personally i like things kept fairly simple as its easier on the eye, easier to find what you want.

The themes you've picked could work for you if you have the info and content to pack it out. If you are only going to have an about, contact and mixes section I personally feel the themes you've picked are overkill.

If you want to go the premium theme path, check out woothemes.com or elegantthemes.com as they both do a lot of really nice simple, but functional themes. At the end of the day, you want people to keep coming back.

To personalise your page even more, integrate a flash animation of some sort (which is easily skipped fo those without flash) that will play when someone arrives at your URL. Then have it go to your wordpress main page once its finished playing.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    Im not really a fan of any that you've chosen there.. personally i like things kept fairly simple as its easier on the eye, easier to find what you want.

The themes you've picked could work for you if you have the info and content to pack it out. If you are only going to have an about, contact and mixes section I personally feel the themes you've picked are overkill.

If you want to go the premium theme path, check out woothemes.com or elegantthemes.com as they both do a lot of really nice simple, but functional themes. At the end of the day, you want people to keep coming back.

To personalise your page even more, integrate a flash animation of some sort (which is easily skipped fo those without flash) that will play when someone arrives at your URL. Then have it go to your wordpress main page once its finished playing.
    Ahh, I see. Well what do you think of me just sticking with my current website and then just updating the banner and content? Why even bother picking up a WordPress setup?

I want to thank all of you for still coming back here and helping me out through this pain staking process! I truly appreciate everyones input!

Looks like a good start. I'd add a video that people can play, an MP3 player, or something interactive. You could easily post a SoundCloud mix up with their widget.

I've -re-done my page like 5 times now, and it's finally somewhere i'm pretty happy with. Check it out to get some ideas. I'm going for simple and to the point with mine. Less is more type thing.

www.scottbrio.com

good to see you're a fan of shockmansion....!
    yes sir, good stuff!
    ------=== ===------

That's really clean Vilinus!

I finally got it through my head. I know exactly what i'm going to do / have to do. Idk why it took me so long to comprehend everything. Was completely on dumdum mode I guess.

Thank you all for your input ! Finally got it .

I'll post back here after I fix / upgrade / update it!

Tech Wizard

i know u said u made it in a couple of min, check out my web site dude i made it also in a few minutes www.djalbertservin.com i made it through wix.com u customize everything, it is allmost ready to launch and yes i have a face book page but it doesnt do as much as the websitefor bookings all you need are original picks and an idea and you are set check it out.
    ps. wix doesnt give me sh*t for promoting it lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lovetodjblog.com View Post
    i know u said u made it in a couple of min, check out my web site dude i made it also in a few minutes www.djalbertservin.com i made it through wix.com u customize everything, it is allmost ready to launch and yes i have a face book page but it doesnt do as much as the websitefor bookings all you need are original picks and an idea and you are set check it out.
    ps. wix doesnt give me sh*t for promoting it lol
    forgot to mention I pay 10dlls monthly hosting

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    I was thinking itajen.com but /sigh. I don't know. Not sure if I wanna go with this blog idea I have, or just advertise myself like Kunal's doing. I suppose I could do both, but it's going to be a bitch to come up with some sort of layout I like.
    check out tumblr.com for blog ideas or wordpress, content is king if u ask me i own a tumblr blog, I like it because of the reblog feature.
    i also have a website and face book page u should do the same its allmost like a part time job, comming home fromday job, eat, and the blog work website followed by 4 to 5 hrs sleep to go back to day job and weekends when booked are overtime which pay the most !
    read "crush it" by gary vaynerchuck the dude is a bit of a dick in person but has major internet buzz and shows u intel on how to build personal branding

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    yes sir, good stuff!
    they're good dudes.. i've contributed a bit on there in the beginning. they used to link up our videos a fair bit too. we were in talks about doing a joint project a while back but we havent had the time to do anything as of yet.

they're good dudes.. i've contributed a bit on there in the beginning. they used to link up our videos a fair bit too. we were in talks about doing a joint project a while back but we havent had the time to do anything as of yet.

That is very cool! They have very solid branding, an excellent design/marketing team behind them and it looks to be world domination for future plans. It will be very good to see where they take it, and how far. *Looks to good things ahead*

If you get a chance to collaborate at some point in the future, send an update as it would be good to see how things go.

*Side note: Your blog makes my days much much better when at work
    ------=== ===------

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast