S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.3 Gold] - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Yeah, in mode 1 (Ean's Beatmasher) I have a cue in set on the jog press, so you can cue back to the position you started messing with the effects. This way you can extend a break
    I just wanted to report this as a bug but now I read this I started using this feature and it is brilliant. This adds the ability to some nice creative options.

Great stuff, I don't like all modes but you did a great job implementing it. I probably will make some modifications and add some modes as well.

Go for it!

That is exactly what I was hoping for with this mapping. There are so many possibilities with the number of effects and because so many DJs enjoy mixing so many different genres of music, it is better to give everyone the opportunity to do whatever they please, instead of giving them a strict set of effect groupings. I too am fairly inexperienced and I couldn't come up with "the right" effect groups, even if I wanted to. So, please do, have at it!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Nah Scamo, you have done an awesome job, even in the face of some harsh criticism from more experienced folks, and I understand to a point why some of it was directed because people want a 'perfect' mapping, but the fact the Ean and the DJTT staff have released their S4 mapping recently and its got a tonne of bugs, im happy as larry that you have made a mapping that is easy to learn and reprogram if necessary and best add on to it. This is the best mapping (for how I use the S4) since Yul released his last year (which unfortunately does not work in TP2.1).

Anyways, keep up the good work, and if you can figured out how to make it work for deck C or D, then damn I think you have a complete winner.

Tech Wizard

Scamo when you export your next version can you change the effect order to be in line with the effect order of DJTT mappings. It won't effect your mapping but it allows for easy compatibility with the Midifighter and with the DJTT S4 mapping. Anybody with a midifighter or with another controller which are using the DJTT mapping can now use this next to your mapping.

I added the updated TSI.

The effects order is now:

Beatmasher 2
    Flanger
    Flanger Pulse
    Flanger Flux
    Gater
    Delay
    Delay T3
    Filter LFO
    Filter Pulse
    Filter
    Filter: 92 LFO
    Filter: 92 Pulse
    Filter: 92
    Phaser
    Phaser Pulse
    Phaser Flux
    Reverse Grain
    Turntable FX
    Iceverb
    Reverb
    Reverb T3
    Ringmodulator
    Digital Lofi
    Mulholland Drive
    Transpose Stretch
    Beatslicer
    Formant Filter
    Peak Filter
    Tape Delay
    Ramp Delay
    Auto Bouncer
    Bouncer

Hey defmd,

Thanks for this feedback. Great stuff! I'll do that and also release 4.4.0 on the weekend with the changed effects order. But I wonder why DJTT have changed the order, as what I have are the default values when you install the software. (I've never changed the order. Strange.)

scamo

Tech Wizard

Some input for the 4.3.

Effect 1:
    The Dry/Wet on FX3 is a bit too high it causes the overall volume on that channel to go up when you bring in the effect.
    I think you can resolve the Cue point issue when in loop by adding the condition: Is In Loop Deck A = (yes or no) etc
    Last, more movement on the peakfilter is needed as it is currently moving too slow in relation to the beatmasher.

Effect 4:
    As already mentioned the filter can be controlled manually.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. On mode 1 I am going to change the T3 to just the standard delay. That should help with the raise in volume. I'll look into the "Is In Loop" condition. Peakfilter is correct that way. It's so when you move back to 1/4 on the beatmasher, not too much filter comes in.

Filter is already removed from mode 4.

scamo

Scamo, nothing in this world is perfect but this is very close. Thank you for sharing, I am indebted to you.
    I spent a long time trying to get armyofme's (to whom I am also indebted) mapping to work on my S4, which is fairly stupid seeing as it's for the S2, and just couldn't get it work right or, at times, at all. To able to use her creativity, time and effort alongside what you have done as well, good skills guys, you have made me very happy this evening.

I'll post some feedback/suggestions once I have them. Hit me up for a beer if you're ever in Ibiza.

Hi Macklefinch,

Thanks! Any feedback would be appreciated.

There is also a new version with all 7 modes filled. It is a beta and I have some small bugs to fix, but it could be interesting for you too.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44773

scamo

Scott

Tech Mentor

ehi scamo, very good things....i've read the manual and i find a little error when you talk about binary, the binary 111111 is 63 and not 64 64 is 1000000!
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast