“21” – Touchscreen FX Controller for Traktor Pro 2 (Lemur for iOS) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey! Thanks for the positive comment. I'm glad you like the controller.

I only made two so far. This one and another one to control Sample Deck/Loop Recorder. I ended up publishing them both in User Library at liine's website. The links are below.

21: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/196/
    Sample Rekorder: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/197/

P.S. I do have one more to control the decks in Traktor, but it's a bit too custom. I don't think most people would find it useful unless their workflow is exactly like mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lett View Post
    Awsome mapping! very useful! It would be cool if you create more mappings like this one
    great work
    2 + 2 = 4

Tech Guru

Just a random question and its for the future, I have never looked into dj'ing with an ipad so its off topic a bit.

Basically, can this setup work with windows+traktor+wirelessly?

yup.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

can you think of any way to pull the 'track name/title', via midi, into the Lemur app? There's a way to get Traktor to output this information via midi by tricking Traktor into thinking that a certain type of Denon controller is attached.

See here for more info: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=28523

Really good template cheers man

@ kev yeah i tried this myself and as far as i can see its the long way round by changing it 4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Just a random question and its for the future, I have never looked into dj'ing with an ipad so its off topic a bit.

Basically, can this setup work with windows+traktor+wirelessly?
    Yes, absolutely. I would not recommend using iPad as your only tool for dj-ing, though. At the very least you'll need a decent soundcard like Traktor Audio 6/10 from NI. Most laptop soundcards just won't cut it. Also, I personally find a touchscreen interface good for some things, but not the others. For example, I can't imagine a better option to control effects. I would, however, prefer to use something like Kontrol X1 for transport controls and looping. Cue points is another example. Something with actual pads or buttons is best for that. The tactile response it just too important. My recommendation is to use iPad as an additional controller next to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    can you think of any way to pull the 'track name/title', via midi, into the Lemur app? There's a way to get Traktor to output this information via midi by tricking Traktor into thinking that a certain type of Denon controller is attached.

See here for more info: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=28523
    Yes, I did think of that. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to implement that functionality at the moment. It would have been super cool, though.

Lemur is extremely powerful. You can program it with complex mathematical expressions. It can also operate multi-dimentional variables (vectors). So, the crazy hack described in the thread you linked could probably be done. It's a bit too much for me, though. If someone makes a script to decode the text in Lemur, I'll happily use it in my future creations. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait for an easier way to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    Great template! Thnx

Im having one issue tho.. The fx selection doesnt seem to work properly for me. It seems to want to keep picking mulholland drv regardless of the fx i select.. Any ideas for fixing? Anybody else experiencing this issue?
    Disregard fx issue.. I redid the setup instructions and its working perfect. Thnx again for this!
    Cool. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Anybody have easy way to change the fx names in the selection list. I see that all 4 fx units use the same lemur selection list. Is there a single list that can be altered or do u simply just make the changes 4 seperate times? I believe its the latter but not sure if theres easier way..
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    @ kev yeah i tried this myself and as far as i can see its the long way round by changing it 4 times
    Figured as much - thnx for confirming..

Thats my one gripe about lemur.. The lists seem slightly clunky to build and use.. Would be nice if they offered a copy and paste to multi row feature or an import csv type method.
    Yes, unfortunately, you have to do it individually for each menu in the template. Another way is to copy/paste the whole menu, but you'll have to make sure the new objects you create retain proper names and most importantly are configured to send the same midi messages as originally designed.
    2 + 2 = 4

Great work- thanks for this!

touchscreen dj

First off... Great work on this!!

I do have an issue though. I set up Traktor FX as stated in the instructions. All functions work as noted.

BUT

About 5 minutes into using the template (sometimes more/less) the entire thing flips out. Buttons go haywire randomly turning on and off and faders bounce all over the place. These random actions are confirmed in Traktor as well with FX knobs and buttons moving all over the place.

I use an APC that has FX mappings so the first thing I did to troubleshoot was delete the APC map so there would be no issues with double assignments. Reboot Lemur and re-import '21' tsi. Same issue minutes after.

My Lemur set up is an Alesis IO dock running midi in and out to a NI komplete Audio 6 which is then USB to the mac.

Thanks for the assistance!!

Select the mapping in controller manager then make sure both in and out ports are set to 'Lemur Daemon' (I think that's what it's called) rather than all ports.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast